message to all members

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by rickstef, Sep 26, 2005.

1. rickstef

rickstef Guest

Hi all,

I hope that all of you will continue to support and the community as a whole

I thank Peter and Sumesh for their dedication to getting back up

Hope see all of you back here

2. cardmodels

cardmodels New Member

Sorry to hear about the problems

Hi Rick,

It is a shame that all the hard work that Ron and you put into the site will be lost with the switch to the new forum. Just wondering, what happened to Ron, and who is Peter?

3. Peter T Davis

Peter T Davis Guy Behind the Curtains

Who says all the work is going to be lost?
  4. rickstef

rickstef Guest

I hope not Dave

Peter is our saviour

that is all i can say

5. Peter T Davis

I have multiple backups of the data, and I have no reason to believe that the data is corrupted. It's just a matter of getting it imported into the new server. I'm sure everyone will like the new software, vBulletin, when it's up and running. I'd rather have done this is a more seamless manner, it's PowWeb who has us running by the seat of our pants at the moment. From what I can see, they shut off the site after we had all gone home Friday.
  6. rickstef

rickstef Guest

ok, where is my foam bat, let me at them(in my scappy doo voice)

now that wasn't very nice

then again the emails to the company and posts on the boards are useless too
    no response

7. Mindaugas

Mindaugas Member

Hey guys,

It is a pity, that this happened. It was such a perfect forum with thousands of posts and members, personal galleries, tips pages and so on...

What about our profiles? Will they be lost? And how about profiles conflict, when you copy all data from old forum? Let's say, what will be the author of my own posts?

Thats all. And good luck ressurecting the forum! ;)

Your friend Mindaugas
  8. Peter T Davis

Oh, there's never any guarantee when computers are concerned is there? lol But, the import from phpbb data to vbulletin is something that's been done 1000s of times, we're by no means the first doing it. I'm sure we'll find some glitches, and it will take some time to work through them, but in the end there will be all the old data looking as good as it did prior to Friday evening.
  9. barry

barry Active Member

Site upgrade

Thanks just good to see you back again.

I think you are well rid of pownet

Like the new format

10. Jim Nunn

Jim Nunn Member

Rick, Peter, Sumesh

A big Thank You for all the effort getting our favorite forum up and running.

Jim Nunn
  11. EricGoedkoop

EricGoedkoop Member

Glad to see you guys back.

For what it's worth, I'm a Moderator on another Forum that went to vBulletin after being hacked several months ago - haven't had a problem since.

Everything looks good so far.
  12. ShaunGamer

ShaunGamer Member

Congratulations on recovering so successfully. As an IT consultant I can appreciate how much effort has been put in. I look forward to the completion of the new Website.

Well done everyone who is involved.

13. cardfan

cardfan Member

Thank you all for all of your work! It is good to see everything working again. One question, are the email accounts for the old setup gone? No big deal, just wondering.
  14. Peter T Davis

Emails will have to be recreated.
  15. Mindaugas

Mindaugas Member

Sorry for my such impolite behaviour, but I forgot to thank those our helpers. Thank you Peter and Rick and Sumesh!

Thank you for ressurecting the forum! :smile: ;-)

Good luck! ;)
  16. Gil

Gil Active Member

Thank You!

Rick, Peter, Sumesh,

Ok, I can stop counting...,

Thanks to you all for taking the time and energy to put this wonderful community back online. Could one of you write a little historical of what went wrong (or suspected went wrong) and where we came from and where are we now?

And once again, Thank You!

Best regards, Gil
  17. rkelterer

rkelterer Member

@peter and rick

thanks a lot for your hard work to reset this nice place of communication. let's hope times will get better again

greetings from austria
  18. Kaz

Kaz Member

And another big thankyou, from the old side of the Pond
  19. rowiac

rowiac Member

Rick, Peter and Sumesh,

Another thank you and congratulations on getting the site up and running again. I, like everyone else, was going through withdrawals without being able to check what was up on the site.

The only thing I had to fix other than some settings was my avatar. The old one was slightly too big to work with the new system.

20. Mace

Mace Member

So glad to see that you guys are back!!

You're my morning/afternoon coffee-break and I was getting worried :D
    Anyways good to see that the forums back online!!!

Greetings from Holland