Message from Tyson Rayles

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Mooney, Jan 2, 2003.

1. Mooney

Mooney New Member

This message is from my good friend Tyson ......
    Tyson has a very serious health problem that has required immediate hospitalization. So, if you have been wondering why he suddenly has stopped posting on the gauge this is why. He is expected to pull through this time and hopes to return to the forum in a week or two. If there are further developments on his condition I will certainly keep everyone posted. Also, if anyone is interested, his phone number to the hospital where he is located is (828) 213-6537. I'm sure he would love to hear from anyone who would call him. Or, you can post a message to me and I will forward it on. Thank you.

OH .... P.S.
    Tyson said that I didn't post anything on the forum, therefore I had to send this message to you !!!!!!! :) :D
  2. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Poopy doo again! C'mon gaugers, quit gettin sick on us! Thanks for the message, and I'll give him a call rat now!
  3. This is very unsettling news. I have counted Tyson as one of my good model railroading friends since last summer when we began exchanging email. I'll give him a call when I get a chance later today.

Thanks for letting us know, Mooney. And please keep all of us here at the Gauge updated on Mike's condition.
  4. Bill Stone

Bill Stone Member

Please tell Tyson that we all think the world of Shamus, and try to follow his leads, but THIS IS GOING TOO FAR.
    Oh, and tell him to get well soon. We're thinking of him.
  5. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Mooney, do ya have a number for the front desk or the nursing sta.? I tried this number and his roommate doesn't know who he is or pass the phone on. Can hardly talk...
  6. Jon, ask for Mike Goad (Tyson's real name). Let us know if you get through to him.
  7. Gary Pfeil

Gary Pfeil Active Member

"EXPECTED TO PULL THRU THIS TIME" ??!! Don't know if I missed something earlier about Tyson's health but that sure sounds awful. Please pass along my wishes for a quick and full recovery, I will also try to call him tonight.
  8. davidstrains

davidstrains Active Member

agree whole heartedly. :( I just told my wife to watch what I do for while as this might be contagious. :(:(

Tys, pull out of it and get back on the rails again. Do what the Doc says!!! Jon- you may have to ship a carload of meds to both Tyson and Shamus to help them recover.

Will try to call later in the day:) :)
  9. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

I can't believe this. Frist Shamus and now Tyson.

I wish him a speedy recovery and will pray for him.
  10. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

Pass on to Mike, He's in my prayers, and were all waiting to hear from him again.
  11. Vic

Vic Active Member

Oh my goodness!....

Tyson, rest easy my friend and get better soon! We'll plan us another "road trip" when you're better!:) You're in my thoughts and prayers!!!

Mooney, please keep us all posted....Thanks.
  12. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

KC I tried asking by name first call raht after my first post and got a really raspy hello? Asked for him by name and got mumbling and a hang up. Second call raht B4 my second post got a clearer answer and they said no one there by that name. I figured I would wait a while longer and try again. Maybe he's not in the room yet or he's out in the hall lashing all the wheel chairs together into a train.
  13. marty w.

marty w. Member

Best wishes for a fast recovery.
  14. Dave Hagan

Dave Hagan Member

:( First Shamus, now Tyson, we're not having a good start to the New Year. Please give Mike our best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Dave Hagan
  15. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Get Well Soon

This is most distressing...
    I was just thinking of him this morning, because I hadn't seen him on here in a couple of days, & that's highly unusual...

Mike, my dear friend, we think the world of you here, & we need you to get back to us as soon as possible...we are all pulling for you, & our thoughts & prayers go out to you...Godspeed to you, & your recovery.
    Your partner in crime, & N scale "conspiracy",
    -Drew- (a.k.a. "Charlie")
  16. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Re: Get Well Soon

That's the right word for it. Funny how attached we can become. Why can't it just be someone less important, a coworker or my older brother? :D :D :D j/k of course, wouldn't wish this kinda illness on anyone!
  17. davidstrains

Think I found him by a search for Hospitals in NC. took about an hour - did not talked to him but got the Admissions desk. He is at the Missions St. Joseph Hospital, Asheville, NC 28801, Room A537. She gave me a phone number of 213-6536 but I could not get a response on that. Have not tried 37.

Going to get a card off tonight.

BTW the phone number for the switchboard is (828) 213-1111.
  18. davidstrains

19. t. alexander

t. alexander Member

BOY!! hate to hear this.
    you know since I've been at the Gauge I've gotten to now who the regular's are and when I don't see anything from them for a day or two I do wonder whats wrong.
  20. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Pass along our good wishes as well - can't wait till I see a new post from him!! :) :) :)

~~ Mikey