Merry Christmas

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Matthyro, Dec 20, 2001.

1. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

To all my friends here at The Gauge
  2. Bob Collins

Bob Collins Active Member

Neat station. Was the picture taken in the summertime:D

I too would like to take this opportunity to say thanks to all the great people on this site who have helped me throughout this past year finally get my lifelong dream up and running (sort of!) and to wish each and everyone of you a Blessed Christmas time and a Happy and Prosperous New Year.

It's been a blast on here from being able to see and appreciate the outstanding detail work of Shamus in England to following Woodie on his travels (maybe only in his mind!) throughout Australia to just talking with jimmybeersa about some places I saw this past year in South Africa that are familiar sites to him too.

Best wishes to all of you.

3. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Hi Bob, the picture is a winter one with a few skiffs of snow. The station was built in the 1850s and is still in use by the GO commuter service and Amtrack.
    I immigrated to Canada back in 1956 from South Africa.
    I met Jimmybearsa here as his Daughter and family live here in Georgetown
  4. Bob Collins

As I'm sure you realized I was pulling your leg about the season the picture of the station was taken. The snow was quite evident;)

My wife and I, along with three other Rotary couples spent almost a month in South Africa in March this year. Started out in Cape Town for about five days then drove by combi to Port Elizabeth where we stayed four days in the homes of Rotary friends. We then repeated the process and stayed in homes in Grahamstown, Queenstown, Maseru, Ficksburg and Potch. Topped off the trip with a weekend at Vic Falls. Also spent two days and nights at Shamwari Game Reserve...fabulous.

Came away with the feeling that SA has substancial problems, but also substancial potential.

We are off in the morning to Kansas City to spend Christmas with grandchildren and their parents.

5. Dave Flinn

Dave Flinn Member

I, too, would like to wish everyone here a Merry Christmas and best wishes for the new year.

As an aside, Bob Collins, let's get together off the forum and discuss South Africa. I led a GSE Team there back in 1987.
  6. Bob Collins

I'll ring you up when I get back home next week. Off to Kansas City in a few minutes to have Christmas with grand children.

Merry Christmas.

7. roryglasgow

roryglasgow Active Member

Merry Christmas to all my friends here at The Gauge!

8. John Sneed

John Sneed Member

Merry ChirstmasI

Merry Chirstmas to all on the Gauge and others not so luckly enough to be here from the heart of Missouri John
  9. I too would like to wish everyone the best this holiday season:cool:
  10. IMRL393

IMRL393 Member

To all the wonderful folk on The Gauge:

- George Bailey

11. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Merry Christmas to all at the Gauge.

"Don't forget - the Reason For the Season"!!! :D

Have a Great New Year!!!!!
  12. jimmybeersa

jimmybeersa Member

Xmas Greetings from the RSA

To all my friends on The Gauge Thanks for a year of stimulating
    and often thought provoking subjects, what a pleasure it has been for me to have had contact with all of you.
    May it long continue.
    To each and every one Happy Holidays.

Each group of people, every religion,
    Every ethenicity,every hue,
    everyone everywhere.....even you

God Bless
  13. justind

justind Member

Merry Christmas All

Merry Christmas. :D
  14. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

The packages are loaded in the car, & we're off to New Hope, KY to spend Christmas Eve with relatives.
    So I'd like to wish all my friends at The Gauge -
    "...a Merry Christmas to all,
    And to all a good night."
  15. mike franks

mike franks New Member

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR to all at the gauge. From Mike,Janie, Aaron and Jordan.
  16. kf4jqd

kf4jqd Active Member

To: The Gauge

Attached Files: