Merry Christmas Morning

acshrpe

Oct 15, 2002
Southern MI
Visit site
Morning to everyone and Merry Christmas! Coffee is on, homemade hot chocolate (made from milk this time) and tea is steeping in the pot. Munchies on the table.

It finally snowed last night! It's 25 out but feels like 13. We have blowing and drifting snow. It is beautiful outside! I hope Santa was good to all of you last night.

It will be a quiet one nere today. Hubby had to take the two younger ones to thier other Grandmother's house about an hour away. With the east/west roads badly drifted I don't expect him home for about 3 hours. The trip normally takes only 2.

If any of you must travel, be careful and have a Merry one out there. Eat too much and enjoy the day with your loved ones.

God Bless all of you.

Good morning to you, and Merry Christmas to all!

It's cold here in the K.C. area (about 13 at the moment), but dry. Even so, the snow storm that went through the Ozarks and on east has messed up our holiday plans. One of our daughters was supposed to drive home from St. Louis yesterday but got snowed in. Now she doesn't know when the roads will be clear enough for her to leave. I-70 is snow packed from Columbia on over to St. Louis. :mad:

Santa was here, but nothing will get opened for a while I guess. :(

Everyone have a great holiday! :D

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Poverty Acres, North Carolina
Visit site
Good morning and a Merry Christmas to all. Got about 1" of the white stuff on the ground and still a few flurries blowing around. 22 but supposed to warm up to 35. Thought I'd drop off a jug of Graham County's finest to warm everybody up, thanks for the munchies acshrpe. :)

RI541

Feb 20, 2002
Winchester N.H.
Visit site
Merry Christmas every one,

Santa come and left the kids way too much, We've had round one of the gifts and now await the arrival of my youngest son for round two, then off to gramma's house we go for round three.

Hope every body is warm snuggly on this fine Christmas morning.

Tyson,

Thanks for the Grahams County finest, Nothing better to warm up the bellie:D :D :) :D :D

davidstrains

Aug 29, 2002
Stafford, VA
Visit site
Good morning and Merry Christmas to all.

ac - thanks for the coffee and munchies. Need both right now.

A messy day in the DC area with snow, sleet, rain all changing off each hour. I guess we are a bit better off than the folks up New England way where I hear that they are expecting 1 to 2 feet of snow today. Be careful out there,

We are awaiting the arrival of my son and his wife from Richmond to open gifts and have a great dinner that my wife has prepared. All I have done is get the train room set up to run a few trains today.

Enjoy the kids, the day and the reason for the season.:) :)

MCL_RDG

Dec 8, 2002
S.E.PA.
Visit site
Merry White Christmas Morning Indeed!

It's been a long while since I saw a white Christmas mornin'!

Dad called off dinner tonight. The snow that fell over night has turned to freezing rain which now has changed over to sleet/snow. 3 to 6+ inches are expected and all is right with the world (except I'll have to shovel the dreamscape away tomorrow morning).

Gotta love it!

:cool:

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas~~~~~~~~

Mark

roryglasgow

Jun 3, 2001
Huntsville, TX USA
web.wt.net
Good morning and Merry Christmas to all!

Santa was very generous with the wooden Thomas the Tank Engine toys for my son. And I got a nifty rotary tool, too!

We had some East Texas snow the day before yesterday (translate: rain). It hasn't been a white Christmas, but there was some frost on the vehicles.

K.V.Div

May 10, 2001
Shawnigan Lake, B.C. Canada
Visit site
Merry Christmas to everyone here on the Gauge.

Santa has come and gone and I guess we have all been good, judging by all the goodies left behind.

No white Christmas for us on the Wet (west) coast, but we are getting our usual dose of "West Coast Sunshine" (32mm or about 1 1/4 inches in the rain gauge in the past 12 hours)

Just the other half and myself in the new house this year as the family is scattered all over the country for one reason or another, so it will be a quiet day.

hope everyone is having a good time:)

Cheers!

Terry

John Sneed

Nov 15, 2001
Columbia, Mo
Visit site
Good day to all and hope you all have had a MERRY CHRISTMAS.We had about 4 in. of snow yesterday,so we had a white Christmas.Had to take my wife to work last night.She is doing private duty nursing for rwo 6 year old twins. I put the truck in 4 wheel drive and never had any problems.Santa brought me a dremal with all the bells and whistles.I got a Holiday express poycelain train.It runs around in circles playing Christmas carols.Cute.I don't have a digital camera,so this came off the avon web site. John

PROD_0239081_LG.gif

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
The rain is gone and its turned cold....won't be more than 40 here today.....big windstorm last night when the cold front came through 50-60 MPH winds but no damage just a few power lines out for awhile. Merry Christmas To All!!!

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
Merry, Merry Christmas, everyone. I want to thank each and every member for all the good times we had together this year. I learn so much from all of you and really place a high value on our friendship. Who knows, I might even learn to behave myself :D :D :D

We got hit with about 6" I guess. Wet, and HEAVY! I got to operate the armstrong snow plow and clear off the 25 X 30 ft drive this morn and I'm still pooped!

Hope Santa was good to everyone, and I look forward to a productive, festive, happy new year on The Gauge!

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Merry Christmas EVENING everyone!
Whew! It's been a whirlwind couple of days!
Visiting family, Santa stopping by & all...:D
I did get a gift cert. for my favorite LHS, & my 2 youngest ones got me a couple of Model Power N scale structures! I'm happy as a clam!:D
Hope everybody else has a good one too!
Oh yeah, I got a bottle of Merlot, too...so I think me & "Mrs. Clause" are gonna get the kids to bed &....well...you know...:)
Good night everybody...
Merry Christmas!

RI541

Feb 20, 2002
Winchester N.H.
Visit site
Well we've got about a foot of snow here in N.H. Still expecting it to snow till mid morning maybe another foot. Went out and plowed after we got back from the out laws house. I think I burned up a vavle on the tractor though, no problem got more tractors just a pain changing over the plow,wieghts,chains.

Finished opening up the presents, Realy should go out and plow again.

I also got a rotory tool from my brother in law. I got a ceramic christmas train too. and some other cool stuff.

Well gonna put some wood in and think about plowing again.

Clerk

Nov 6, 2002
Esparto, California
Visit site
Merry Christmas everybody.
Wow. What a day. Had the whole family for breakfast (17) and opened gifts. My Grandson gave me a gift certificate for a train shop in Sacrament so will have to go there sometime in the next 2 weeks
Went to a friends house for dinner this evening. I don't think I will be able to eat for several days.
Was 30 F this morning, warmed up to 40 and now dropping back down.
Tomorrow is working at the Food Bank distributing food.

What is snow?? Is it that white stuff that we never see here?

Partsman

Dec 18, 2000
Canada
Visit site
Merry Christmas, all you railroaders.

We had two or three inches of snow today, but managed to attend the day's festivities after a cautious drive of about 40 miles. I am filled with familial love and lots of wonderful food. My grandsons arrived safely from western Canada in time for Christmas eve, and it has just been a wonderful season for us.

I have really enjoyed The Gauge this year. I want to thank everyone for all the tips and help. This was a wonderful idea and I'm so glad I found you all.