Mercury Capsule

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by cardmodeler, Apr 8, 2007.

1. cardmodeler

cardmodeler Member

Greetings all,

I decided to go through my pile of started-but-unfinished models and complete them before I buy or start any more. So I spent the afternoon finishing this one up. It's the Mercury Freedom 7 from Delta 7 Studios. There were some rather difficult(for me) part fit problems, but I managed to gitterdone. But, as my father used to say, "Don't look too close." It really feels good to actually finish one!:-D

2. Prowler901

Prowler901 Member

Great Job!! That looks like a really clean build. Nice and tight. :)

3. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

I need to build one of those. My dad participated i oe of the recovery missions.

Very nice, clean looking, model
  4. Clashster

Clashster Member

Looks great! very nice lines! A very cool display piece!

5. Dyna-Soar

Dyna-Soar Member

Excellent work!
  6. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett Active Member

Clean Build!

I had fit problem with the Heat shield. It looks like Your Build turned out fine on that point!

Happy Easter,

NULLMOON Member

looks good im tempted to get this set from delta too
  8. Great job: I have built many of this design by Dan. I found that cutting off the tabs on the heat shield and edge gluing to the rim. I then use a emery file to clean the edges to a nice flush fit. You end up with a pretty clean edge. People often ask "How'd you do that?". I also cheat by enlarging the heatshield slightly so I have a tiny little overlap to file off. I also copied the pattern from Ton's heat shield (pre re-entry waffle pattern) This gave me another version. Also I found that if you cut a disk slightly larger thatn the top module and glue to the bottom it fits into the parachute module better.

But I have to tell you your's looks pretty good.