memories from the great white north

cn nutbar

Dec 4, 2005
hello all---hey tom pm,this one's for you and your family---really nice meeting you,here's my souvenir to remember the day

10062006013.jpg

yellowlynn

Jul 7, 2001
Whitehouse, Tx USA
Visit site
I need some kind of souvenier, too, so send me one like that.

I'll bet you purely delight in showing off locos like that and watching us turn green with envy.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: That's about as green a one as I can get.

Lynn:D :D :D

PS. That is a beauty.

Art67

Apr 18, 2005
Baltimore
Cn nutbar,

Your collection of steam power is pretty amazing, and I agree with Yellowlynn - That engine is a real beauty. Thanks for the pictures.

Stuart

cn nutbar

Dec 4, 2005
hello---thanks for your feedback---i feel this thread needs further explanation---yesterday,doctor wayne and i met with tom pm and his family who were vacationing in the area---we went to a local hobby shop(niagara central in st.catharines ontario)---i guess i should have know better as this store always has a good selection of brass---as i told my wife,i couldn't resist purchasing this locomotive---believe me,she was impressed !!!!

11062006002.jpg

cn nutbar

Dec 4, 2005
new kid on the block

hello all---cnr t-2-a #4100 has made itself feel right at home---when you're this big,who's going to hassle you ????

13062006005.jpg

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Looking good there Mr. Nutbar! :thumb: Did the wife see the price tag?:D

I did not get a chance to see the locomotive as my wife and my kids had me going through G-Scale figures. They found a treasure trove of figures. The final tally was 30 figures including people and various farm animals. My son and wife just put them outside tonight in the garden railway just before dark.

I had a great time meeting CNnutbar and Doctorwayne and hope to do it again sometime. Thanks guys for taking the time. After the Sea Lion encounter at the Niagara Aquarium the visit to the hobby shop was my son’s favorite part of the trip! Also thanks for the hopper and boxcar! Theya re on the workbench right now and hopefully I will get a chance to work on them before the weekend.

BTW, the trip up to St. Catherines proved to have another good feature. On the way there we found out where the local shopping center was. So when we got ready to leave we drove out to and stocked up on soda and snacks for the trip home at Wal-Mart instead of the high priced convenience store near the hotel.

There was a sort of downside. The kids saw the Welland Canal and were intrigued by it. We were going to take them to the Welland Canal Center on the way home but we got out of Niagara Falls later than we planned. Since they wanted to see a canal we stopped in Lockport, NY and toured a portion of the Erie Canal which made us even later getting home.

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Tom:
I knew a lot of fellows who would tour the US and stop at St Catharines on the way home for the best deals.
One place to stop for stuff on the way home is the duty free shop. Problem is, most of their stock is perfume, jewellery and liquor, but they do have the usual tooth decayers.