Memorial Day 2007

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by patriot missile, May 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. on this Memorial day let us not forget the brave service men of the past that fought to keep us free. and let us also not forget our brave troops in combat today. May the Good Lord show his endless mercy and love on their souls and bless the families of our past military men, and may He also bless them in harms way and watch over them and keep them safe till they come home.
    i did this in PSP :)
    like 2 sentenials : the mighty eagles watch over the enternal souls of our fallen dead
    the bomber crews: that flew countless missions some never getting to the magic 25th mission and going home( RIP my uncle edward jablonski B24 gunner KIA before his last mission)

the infantry man: he stormed the beaches of Normandy and faced the fury of Hilters defenses some never making it out of the landing craft

the navy salior and airman: with the odds in the japanesse favor they turned the tide at the battle of Midway.

the US marine:fought hell on earth by a fanatical enemy but when all was said and done raised Old Glory on Mount Suribachi

and of course the brave service men of Korea and Vietnam some that never made it back home

Attached Files:

2. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

Here, here.

And let us not forget the brave servicemen of the European nations that have fought and died for the preservation of a free world.

3. you cant forget them too :)
  4. kronos

kronos Member

My grandfather hit the beach at normandy with the 29th infantry, My father in vietnam I watched my friends die in places from the invasion of grenada to the mid-east came close a few times my self to all the men and women of all nations who laid down there lives for freedom I raise my glass to you
  5. 72BMWR75/5

72BMWR75/5 Member

My father was in the Air Force for 26 years and flew over 100 recon missions in Viet Nam. His father died in the Phillipines in WWII.
    The town I live in lost it's first causualty in Iraq this past Monday.
    Pray for peace.
  6. Art Decko

Art Decko Member

Tonight my step-brother (Navy) is sleeping in a trailer in Baghdad's green zone. Not sure if he will be back in time for his (Air Force) son's wedding.

While we remember all the brave fallen of the past, let's not forget our brave living out there now. Let's bring them home now. We already have enough fallen brave to memorialize.
  7. TheWebdude

TheWebdude Just a Member

8. DrBill

DrBill Member

If you can get this, look at I think it says a lot about what Memorial Day is really about. How have we gotten so far off-track in remembering those who have died in defense of what we hold so dear as Americans: in 1776, 1812, in the Civil War, in the Spanish-American War, the Philippine Insurrection, WW I, WW II, the Korean War, Vietnam, and now Iraq. Well over 100,000 men and women who have fallen. Let's remember them on Monday - at least on Monday.... And even so, that doesn't begin to count the sacrifices of Poles, Brits, French, and oh so many others in defense of the ideals of freedom and self-determination that we as a world community hold so dear.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.