Member's Web Site Links

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by N Gauger, Jan 31, 2005.

1. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

You have a better knowledge of it than most Americans. ;) :thumb:
  2. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

Here is my site:

Tom McIntyre’s Model Train.

I am hoping that this site will have a lot of information about my modeling and rail fanning. Right now I have some information about the construction of the Water Tower Diorama. I am in the process of updating my roster and making pages for each piece of equipment.
  3. kadidle

kadidle Member

My site. It does require registration (free of course) to access parts of the site, and the information is a bit thin still. However anyone can submit an article, and we're already starting to get some hits on it.
  4. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

5. jwmurrayjr

jwmurrayjr Member

My website, such as it is, says about all I know about MRR.

6. ShaunMac

ShaunMac New Member

My website details are at the bottom of the post.

It will attempt to record my attempt to build my first proper layout. The project is split into sections with a page for each and an online forum for members to use to pass comment on the project.
  7. disisme

disisme New Member

The Layout Party

Link :

description :
    Forum targeted at layout design, layout software discussions, and layout construction. Loads of layout plans, tips and tricks on software programs etc. Even live chat and a 'for sale / wanted' forum. Pop by and check us out!

We are an 'open posting' site which means you can post URLs etc at will. Note that all of these URLS will be checked to make sure they are of family content and either railroad related or of good clean general interest. Other than that, go for it!
  8. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

New RR web community

Greetings everyone.
    We are the process of building a new RR community website. In some ways it is simillar to the gauge, but it is different in others. We're not trying to pull anyone away from this board because I think The Gauge is great! We just like doing some things a little different. We hope to build a core of regular contributors to help write product reviews and how-to type articles. We've also got a photo gallery and forums. The main thing is that we are very open to suggestion about content and direction. Stop by and visit us. If you like what you see, register and start contributing articles, photos, and forum content.

Hope to see you soon.
  9. MilesWestern

MilesWestern Active Member

10. jmarksbery

jmarksbery Active Member

11. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Hey Jim, good to see you again. I got to the first page and it said I needed Apple Quick-time plug-in to continue, but I've already got it installed and it wouldn't reinstall it.

I'll work on that later after I finished my coffee, I really want to see what you have there.
  12. jmarksbery

jmarksbery Active Member

:curse: Geeze, I don't know why Don, I don't have any quick time on there! Who know's huh.:oops: Thanks, Jim
  13. Why me

Why me Member

14. chessie4155

chessie4155 Active Member

15. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Don't know, it just says that there is a missing plug-in, and when I click on "add", it goes to Quick-time. I went back and ignored the message and was able to see the rest of what you have there. Maybe it's got something to do with the host site.:rolleyes:

Anyway, as usual, you excel in what you do.:thumb: :thumb: Absolutely great shots, can't wait to see the next "issue". :wave: :wave:
  16. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Cool stuff Jim :) I wonder if the Quick time problem is with the audio or the slide show on the second page... It may be reading the music as a quick time file... i had no problems throughout the site :)

Great Stuff!!!!
  17. 2-8-2

2-8-2 Member

Geeze...can't believe I never noticed this thread before. Here's the link to my site:

Or you can just click the link in my signature. :thumb:
  18. green_elite_cab

green_elite_cab Keep It Moving!

it outlines what i've been doing with my railroad, has a roster, and a pictures section that i change from time to time, ( i changed it sunday actually, so i have all new recent pictures)

it also has a section fo begginners ( specifcally choosing a scale, although i'll try and post more soon, haven't done much there) as well as a section detailing how to accomplish certain projects like block wiring, building catenary for heavy electrics (something i'm finishing as i move along, but it will be a long time before i get to setting it all up. all other scenery needs to be done.) and i may soon add a section on basic detailng and weathering of a locomotive.

its not much, but worth a look i guess.
  19. :wave: i got my site up. now to get time to work on the layouts and web page
  20. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

yeah - that's my problem - If I work on the layout - i have no time to work on the web site :( :(