Members signature quote

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Sep 15, 2004
AZ
Not too long ago, I came across another members signature that had a quote I really liked. Now, I would like to quote it to someone else but I've gone back to look and can't seem to remember which member had it in their signature. Can you help?
The quote had something to do with our last days of life and it was something like - Why check into homeplate all clean and safe? Life should be about sliding in to home plate, filthy, dusty, and all worn out.
I think that's close enough. Hopefully it should spark somebodies memory! I'm still looking but it kinda seems like a needle in a haystack...

beamish

HO & Steam Engineer
Jan 11, 2007
Saskatoon,SK,Canada
Was this it?

"Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming...
WOW! What a ride!"

tetters

Rail Spiking Fool!
Jan 21, 2005
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
BINGO!! Thanks guys! Any idea who's quote that is and do you mind if I borrow it?

Nope. No idea who said it or where it came from. I stole I mean liberated it from another board somewhere else...non-train related.

I don't mind if you borrow it. After all its not mine to claim in the first place.

sign1

Mountain Man

Jan 19, 2007
Nope. No idea who said it or where it came from. I stole I mean liberated it from another board somewhere else...non-train related.

I don't mind if you borrow it. After all its not mine to claim in the first place.

sign1

I posted that particular comment quite a while ago on the Armchair General Forum. As far as I know, it's public domain and you can do what you like with it.