Member's numbers for The Gauge Railway-Car Reporting Marks

Wolv33

Hey everyone,

There has been a lot of discussion on doing our own rolling stock and engines for our layout as a part of "The Gauge Railway" road.

That is, for "The Gauge Railway," we are discussing doing our own rolling stock, with logos and special paintjobs.

Anyhow, one of the discussions was on the car markings...A part of the marking contains a member's number, to identify it to that "gauge member".

Here is a list of numbers so far, that I have come up with for all members. If you are not on the list, I apologize.

You can find your own number by putting the mouse over the button called PROFILE, which is at the bottom of each message you post. This is only visible after you post though. The number, at the end of the URL that shows up in your lower status bar in your browser, is your unique ID number. This number never changes, so it will work for car reporting marks.

Here is the list:

RockIslandMike-306
Wolv33-658
Vic-403
eightyeightfan1-537
NGauger-35
John Sneed-316
jon-monon-645
Shamus-20
Brakie-307
Casey Feedwater-526
NYC-656
TomPM-693
Lighthorseman-618
Rich Maiorano-485
Tom Fassett-695
Matt Probst-439
Rusty Stumps-694
Marty W.-527
Tyson Rayles-280
Charlie-126
Ralph-541
msh-558
Topo-454
Hummingbird-669
moss-lake-673
sumpter250-380
RI541-424
IMRL393-251
kf4jqd-114
Harley-666
Catt-25

More will be added as they are available.

Later.

Originally posted by Wolv33
You can find your own number by putting the mouse over the button called PROFILE, which is at the bottom of each message you post. This is only visible after you post though. The number, at the end of the URL that shows up in your lower status bar in your browser, is your unique ID number. This number never changes, so it will work for car reporting marks.

Hummmmm. So we are now "barcoded"? :rolleyes:

Oh, well. It's a simple and clean way to do it. :D
(curiously enough that '454' is a number that appears more than once in several of my official papers, here in Spain) :eek: :confused:

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
That's weird Javier but I'm also unnerved by Harley coming up as 666! :) I guess some one had to! Wolv33, thanks for the work on this!
Ralph 541

Wolv33

No problem guys,

Happy to do it. I just hope everyone picks up on this, and does a car or two for The Gauge Railway, on their layout. We could all share our pics after our cars are complete.

I have done this for several friends of mine, but this is the first time for a forum. LOL!

Still, it makes for interesting rolling stock on the layout.

Later.

McFortner

Hey, how come I started the whole idea of The Gauge Railway, and nowhere do I see my name or number listed.

I'm feeling excluded...... :( ;) :rolleyes:

Michael

(nobody likes me around here....)

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Wolv!!

Great Stuff - now we wait until the poll ends (On Saturday) - to start building our BLUE cars with different fonts!!! :D :D :D :D

~~ Mikey

shamus

Registered Member
Nice idea Wolv,
What do you think.
warehouse.jpg

Shamus

Wolv33

That looks great, Paul!! WOW!

Ummm, but the number needs to be a bit longer...6 digits.

RI Mike came up with a numeration system for The Gauge Railway rolling stock.

The first number designates the type of car, the next 4 are the member's number, and the next two are the car# (ie how many you have done).

So, for example...the #4 designates a boxcar (I dont know if it actually does in the system or not)...

Your number would be this:

4002001 The car name would be TGR or GUAG, with TGR being for transition and steam era, and GAUG for modern eras. So, your final car would be:

TGR 4002001

Nice billboard logo!!

Later.

RI541

Wow I feel like a somebody now, I've got a number, I am no longer a man, just a number:) :)

Shamus,
Great looking car, But I have to ask What do they call that shade of blue?????:D :D :D :D

just picking:) :D :)

rockislandmike

Two comments:

(1) wolv, you added an extra zero, and messed up the first number - that ain't no tank car !!! Shamus' modern number would be 100201 (1-0020-1) - I'm assuming that's a boxcar, although it could be a reefer I suppose.

(2) Since Shamus models an era long since past, with - dare I say it, steam locos - his numbering sequence may be more prototypical for his era. Although, I kinda think that logo is a bit too jazzy for his era too !!!! :D

Same with the color, the orange in the pic may also be more representative of his era (damn, that's the third time I've spelled era "ear" and then had to go back and fix it) ................

Wolv33

Mike,

I DID say that the number "4" was not necessarily a boxcar. See my post. LOL!

Isn't 01 still 1??? Or, are you saying the railroads do not add a 0 in front of the single numbers...since you said the car#s were a two-digit number, I kept it that way.

I could swear I have seen car numbers with zeros in FRONT of their numbers. I dunno.

When you create the database, and you need to put things in order or sort them, the 01 is going to come before the "1" by itself. Another reason I did it that way.

Hope that explains my actions. LOL!

Later.

Wolv33

That it is, Nelson.

Now you just use that to create your own car numbers for your The Gauge Railway rolling stock.

Later.