Mechwarrior 4 Mechs

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by shiftdel, Oct 30, 2007.

1. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

K'jev, MK II is on my future plans, however it will took some time to get ready, as I already have several models in the works right now...
  2. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

Good news, after an eternity I was finally able to find a design solution for the split of Mauler's torso parts.

It was so amazing simple, that it is so embarrasing that I couldn't figure it out before wall1

Now I will unfold it on Pepakura. Anyone interested in beta test it for me?
  3. Gomidefilho

Gomidefilho Member

Yes Shift I'm ready!!! hehehehehehe!
  4. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

Thanks Gomide, as soon I finish unfolding it I will send the model for you :)
  5. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

Bad news about my Novacat build: the knee joint is badly designed, as the unfolding of it, and turned to be a pain to build...

I just changed it, the fix was easy, but the bad part is that I will need to redo the tedious unfold process in Pepakura, ehich will delay a bit releasing the model... :(
  6. armorbimbo

armorbimbo Member

Do what I do. Remove that piece from the current pdo page/s and then make a new pdo with just that piece. That way you don't have to redo the whole model...
  7. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

I would do that if it wasn't just a tiny little small piece :) I think would be a waste of good cardstock just to print it...

Anyway, maybe I could use the extra effort of redoing the PDO to correct some small fitting problems, that I was going to live with, just to avoid redoing the PDO :cry:
  8. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

After a while without building anything, I'm posting some of my recent progress on beta building my Novacat.

This is the torso, it went together reasonally well, some small fitting problems, nothing that I can't live with, so it will remais the way it is now (I bought and built plastic kits with a much worse fitting then my Novacat, so...)

9. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

The right guns mount, I really like the way that one ended up:

10. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

Now a "family" pic, all parts put together... well, in fact these are not all parts, I still have 18 parts left to build...

You can see the shoulders subassemblies, the head, some bits here and there, as well as the upper and lower legs.

The lower leg is one piece part, although it is a bit hard to build, the part ended up quite strong.

The upper leg has 3 parts, but I already changed it, separating the lower part, which is hard to build and makes that point weak.

11. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

Back when I played Mechassault I'd eat Mad Cats for breakfast with my Nova Cat. :twisted:

I can't wait till you finish your beta build, Shiftdel! :mrgreen:
  12. OhioMike

OhioMike Member

Anybody manage to download Blackhawk?
  13. blaar

blaar Member

I only started out but would also help with the test build if you need some more people to help with the Mauler.
  14. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

Curently I hape 3 people working on it, one of them already started his building, so I don't really need another beta tester, although another one wouldn't hurt at all ;)

The most important thing that I need from a beta tester is feedback on how the build is going so I can correct any errors.
  15. Gomidefilho

Gomidefilho Member

My Mauler Beta Build

Well friends!

After a long period I began my test of assembly of Mauler, it is certainly one of largest Mechs that built already, he is in the scale 1/40 exactly with 30,6 cm of height, the "kit" has 13 pages, however making a detailed exam thought the model is simpler than Vulture that had built previously.

I began for the chest, the assembly of the sub components that form that piece were made without profits, the pieces bend very well, just tends to have some care with the parts that it forms the front and the rear of the chest...

Nexts steps!

Head and Missiles Pods...
  16. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

It's coming together very nicely, looking forward to your updates.:mrgreen:
  17. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

Great build Gomidefilho!!!! As always ;)

I was worried about the fitting of the torso parts, but your build showed that is not a concern anymore :D

Thanks again for beta built it for me
  18. Gomidefilho

Gomidefilho Member

Hello Shiftdel!

It is being a pleasure to build that model. As soon as has more news I post here... :thumb:
  19. JCM_Kerinsky

JCM_Kerinsky New Member

Hi all
    Looking forward to getting my grubby hands on the new models your doing Shiftdel.

oh and incase any ones intrested in table top gaming im doing a mech based game a little like battle tech but with a bit more balance and less dieing in the first turn! if you wanna know more ASK!
  20. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

Another small update, Novacat sexy legs :D