Mechwarrior 4 Mechs

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by shiftdel, Oct 30, 2007.

1. mOONwOKA

mOONwOKA Member

My first encounter with MW4 was, of course, demo... And the 'mech to try was... of course... Novacat. This and Cougar still are one of my favorites, but when Mercenaries came along, there was Hellhound and Masakari. Alas, latter one non-playable :(
    Now, as i see Cougar, Novacat and Hellhound in your to-do list, i can't wait for them to be released. Shiftdel, you do tremendous job for the sick people to remain sick :thumb:
  2. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

These are pretty cool. Anyone else building these?

I'd like to see more pictures. For anyone who plays Mechwarrior the RPG I can say that those models would make for great table top features.
  3. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

I hope I can keep you very sick for the time coming, I plan to do a lot more... :D
  4. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

Actually there are some people playing large scale tabletop games with some of my models, and models from other people too...
  5. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

The worst part of my Cougar is already done, I mean unfolding and placing the parts on each page - for me, it's the most boring part of the creation of a new paper model, but this time it turned to be quite fast for me to do...

I will now build a prototype, but it will take much longer as I ran out of ink (ribbon, actually), and I'm still at the scoring phase of my Novacat build.

I was able to reinstall the MW4 Mercs game on my PC (I was getting some errors before), so expect new mechs to come... :D
  6. Janx

Janx Member

Amen to that about placement and numbering in pepa. These models are great keep it up.
  7. armorbimbo

armorbimbo Member

I've not seen 'table top' games played with the big mechs, but I have seen it done on the floor...heh...
  8. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

Or in a really BIG table, hehe.
  9. Coot59

Coot59 Member

I want pictures!! Especially of the terrain!

10. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

I have this link from Gencon 2005:

GenCon 2005

The mech are Zecks' MW3 paper mechs and some plastic ones.

There are more pics of the other years, but I was not able to recall the links
  11. Coot59

Coot59 Member

12. OhioMike

OhioMike Member

Is Novacat available yet? Seems everytime i played the game i was jumping in Novacat!
  13. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

Not yet, sorry, I'm still with all of its sheets printed, but had no time to test build it...
  14. OhioMike

OhioMike Member

No prob, i'll wait very patiently!..........................:cry:
  15. mOONwOKA

mOONwOKA Member

Test build? Any chance for someone else to taste-build it? Oh, pardon, i meant test-build :oops:
  16. SgtSki in MI

SgtSki in MI New Member

Very Cool shiftdel

Mechwarrior 4 (Vengeance and Mercenaries) is one of my favorite PC games. I'd love to build your 'mechs but I'm deployed to Iraq right now and on a government computer. They have a lot of sites blocked (even eBay!) and I am also blocked from opening .zip files.

When I get home I definitely plan on building your 'mechs. Any plans to do a Mad Cat, Argus, or Dashiki?

Thanks for sharing,
  17. SgtSki, if you can receive emails, I have some unzipped files of smaller scale (but still very nice) mechs that I can send you - Mad Cat, Summoner, Daishi. They are all free downloadable models, so I don't think there would be any copyright issues if I were to send them to you. I have built each of them myself - very satisfying builds. Let me know.
  18. SgtSki in MI

SgtSki in MI New Member

I should be able to recieve unzipped files in my email. I may be able to receive zipped ones too but I don't know because I never tried. If you want to try firing off a zipped file by itself. I'll let you know if it works or not.

My email is:

I appreciate your help and I will post pic of whatever I build as I finish them.

Did I say "Dashiki"? I meant

19. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

Well, I already started my test-build, and already found a fitting problem (not serious, I'm still thinking if will be really necessary to correct it).

I see no problem if someone else wants to taste-build it (hehe, I liked that). Of course it is untested model, with possible fittings problems, and the difficult level is high, as the model is not exactly simple to build.
  20. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

I have a PDF version of my Vulture which is 580 Kb unzipped, can you receive files of that size?