Mechwarrior 4 Mechs

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by shiftdel, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Kjev

Kjev Member

Me? Ummm... Wow.... That's a REALLY dangerous question to ask.

The list is long and distinguished.
    I'm a fan of the Marauder or Marauder II. I have Zeck's Marauder from aeons ago. That's the first one that comes to mind. An Uziel. Definitely. That's one of my favorites. I like the Cerberus, the Wolftrap, and the Commando. The Mad Cat II is another good one.

My Battletech character's personal 'mech is a heavily modified Marauder II which, designwise, has undergone so many transformations that to compare it to a regular Marauder is like comparing an elemental to a munchkin from the Wizard of Oz. As far as looks go, it's got two guns up top instead of 1, LRM racks from a Mad Cat, SRM-racks on the hips, mini railguns in a chin turret (a la Heavy Gear weapons list converted to Battletech stats), tried and true medium pulse lasers in the arms, and nice shiny toe claws on the feet.

Legit? Ummm... well, for pickup games it is, and there's a lot of backstory on it, but the folks at FASA (or whoever is producing CBT now) would flip if they saw it.

The character is a mechwarrior who spent a significant amount of time in cryogenic stasis, and ended up as a guest of ComStar shortly before the Word of Blake attacked Terra. He managed to escape with the 'mech, which he promptly christened the OuttaTime.

My goal is to one of these days build a 28mm paper-based model (with lots of plastic and bitz and greeblies) of it, and eventually build up enough 'mechs to play a round or two of large-scale battletech.

Sorry to get so far off-topic. I get a little carried away at times.

Or you could go totally off the wall and do battlearmor, starting with the elemental, of course, and the Grey Death Legion armor, and then on into the Capellan minelayer thing, and on and on and on... Yeah, maybe not. That'd be a lifetime in and of itself.
  2. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Active Member

Kjev, you can always take the Macross officer's pod that's out there then recolor it. The parts you need to add looks simple enough to scratchbuild...
  3. Kjev

Kjev Member

I plan on using the ossifer's pod, Walter Whatisname's Mad Cat LRM racks, scratchbuilding a cockpit, and the other parts. When I'm done, I'll probably paint it all. I have a model of another Marauder that I like the legs on better, so I may use them. I plan on making the turrets rotate, too, if I can. Lots of No Trespassing signs should give me all the plastic I need...
  4. MTK

MTK Active Member

Sounds like an interesting project, make sure to update us.:mrgreen:
  5. blaar

blaar Member

Kjev, I mostly work on models that already have a texture since I am a total klutz at making good looking textures.

There for, for the time being, I can only work on models that are within Mechwarrior 4 / Mektek.

I will most certainly work on the Commando and MadCat MKII for you :) since they are in the game.

There is already an Uziel available :)

6. Kjev

Kjev Member

Forgot about that one! To be honest, those were just off the top of my head. I know there are more out there I'd like, but since I really have never designed a mech, I'll settle for what I can get. Another project I'm working on (off and on) is a CBT-scale Union dropship. Unfortunately, my pitiful design skills constrain me to simple shapes.
  7. Just to add to the thread, I thought I'd attach a few photos of my recently completed beta build of Yogsolthan's Stalker 'mech. It's a little more colorful than I like, but this was the only skin available for the beta model. He assures me that more skins will be available soon. The model is released in 1/60 and 1/20 scale. Mine is 1/80 - the standard scale I use for my 'mech models. The build was trouble free, but because of it's ungainly stance, weights are needed in the feet and/or nose to keep it from falling backward. Photos aren't the best.

8. Kjev

Kjev Member

Where can a body download the Stalker?
  9. Sanginus

Sanginus Member

i like the Stalker, clean work
  10. Vortex_4200

Vortex_4200 Member

I had issues with the stone rhino and the balance problem, if your not in to doing the weights thing a mech hex base is good also
  11. blaar

blaar Member

No problem.

The Commando was I mech I also wanted for a long time. Ever since I played the very first Battle Tech game , Crescent Hawks Inception I liked the Commando.

Anyway. Should be good to go in no time since I plan on doing the Commando before finishing the Cyclops.

I want to work on the Mektek Marauder some time in the near future but it will still be some time off since there are already quite a few of them around. Including the Officer Pods.

Attached Files:

12. Kjev

Kjev Member

I thought the Commando had an actual hand (my mini does anyway). It looks good though!
  13. blaar

blaar Member

It actually does, but I am modeling mine according to the Mektek : Commando.

The Commando does look better with hands. I will try and model some hands instead.

Attached Files:

14. Kjev

Kjev Member

More or less off topic, and no attempt to hijack the thread, but I've been to, and I cannot for the life of me figure out where the heck to download the game.

Lots of patches, but what about the base install? A "Click Here To Install, You Dimwit" link would be wonderful.

Can anyone help? If so, please PM me so we don't hijack this thread any further.
  15. Vortex_4200

Vortex_4200 Member

I'm more of a PhD kind of person PhD= Push Here Dummy! sign1
  16. Uyraell

Uyraell Newbie

I have a "Computerised" edition of a hex-map form of MekTek from an old site.
    The thing is allegedly tweaked to run on WinXP, but I've never installed it to find out.
    I don't recall the exact link, nor is it on my current browser.
    However: I got the MekTek game by links from XTC Dos Games and a couple other sites, from whence I collect old games of that era.

I hope the little bit of info helps.

Kind and Respectful Regards, Uyraell.
  17. blaar

blaar Member

ygm :)
  18. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

Probably I still have some minor details to fix, but I decided to release a beta version of MekTek´s Grizzly (I did test build it, but I need some feedback from other experienced modelers, and from not so experienced modelers).

You can find on link below 2 download options, A4, or letter sheets, as well as a complete Grizzly´s customized joints set (not yet fully test built).

For who started to read this thread now, some pics of the finished model:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

And the parts split:
  19. marcioship

marcioship New Member

hello do you have the password from marauder pdo file officer's pod (glaud)
    and color textures