Mechwarrior 4 Mechs

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by shiftdel, Oct 30, 2007.

1. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

Almost done:

Major sub-assemblies done:

Ams glued in place, as well the arm joints (the roseish color of the joints is by lack of blue and yellow ink color on my printer, and I'm too cheap to print other parts...):
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Torso and arms in place:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Sexy legs:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  2. blaar

blaar Member

Finished the beta build during the weekend. All went smooth. This is a monster ....... ~30cm tall looking menacing.

Thanks shiftdel for letting me beta test this for you.

Attached Files:

3. Arsen NonLupin

Arsen NonLupin New Member

In the name of Kerensky :^) tell me please if anybody has interest in making paper models of battletech tanks, aircrafts or so on... Can't find any links to projections of those technics.
  4. Kjev

Kjev Member

I believe there are a few out there. I know I have one or two vehicles people have done, and a few buildings.

I, too would think it incredibly awesome if someone did more vehicles, including aerospacecraft, VTOLs, armor, and of course, dropships and jumpships. Yeah, a 28mm-scaled Leviathan jumpship would be a sight to behold!

Heck, I'd be happy if someone just started at Tech Readout 3025 and worked their way through!
  5. blaar

blaar Member

Yet another mech done by cantaris. This time the Uziel.

Attached Files:

6. Arsen NonLupin

Arsen NonLupin New Member

So, I have a little problem while trying to grab or extract models and textures from MW4 and MW3, extractor failed, '3dripper" too. What can you advise? Are there some tools for MW3-4?
  7. blaar

blaar Member

Honestly none really knows.Most models where done from screen shots and some was donated by those who know how to or had the models. If you ever figure it out please PM me.
  8. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

Sometimes miracles did happen... I did finish my Grizzly's beta build, after more than one year since I started it!!! :shock:

Some pics of the finished model:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Although its torso is heavy, it stands by itself even with the joints at the legs.

It took me some extra time, because I changed my mind about to put joints on it (after building the parts without joints), so I had to model the custom made joints for it, and even to build new parts to receive the joints (who wants a spare hip without joints?).

Below you see the parts split.
  9. Hot4Darmat

Hot4Darmat Member

Beautiful Model! When and where can we grab this one? It isn't on your filefront site (yet). Couldn't find it at MW3 either.

I have been building these models for well over a year boys are MW crazy beause of me. We have 3 Madcats, a white vulture, a camo Vulture in progress, a Hellhound (the coolest looking so far), and I just started another: the Cauldron Born in green camo. Uller is next. Oh and they have a couple of badly beaten up Atlas', and I made them a whack of Toposolitario's Steam punk mechas, that are so easy, cool, and modular.

Gorgeous machines all. The list is long, but they're really fun to make.

Oh, and I made halloween costume mechs for 2 of my three sons: Stormcrow (Ryoken) and Thanatos. You can find videos of them on Youtube still, I think, if you search "mech costumes". All made out of cardboard. Next time I'll just upsize the designs available here!
  10. Sin

Sin New Member

I love this forum. I can't believe I only found it a week ago. The mechs are amazing. I still can believe the articulation for being paper. Thanks everyone for sharing the links to the models.
  11. blaar

blaar Member

@ Hot4Damat

Shiftdel has not yet released the Grizzly. But if in the meantime check out the forum. Another member cantaris have also released great models like the Uziel, Masakari, Victor and Osiris. Should keep you busy till shiftdel releases the Grizzly. :)
  12. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

I saw your haloween costumes, very nice and smart idea about the joints...

Those Toposolitario's mechas are really good, I like their steam punk textures and the modular design.

Grizzly is not ready to release yet, I need to test build the torso again, cause I changed it a bit (to correct the trenches that mine have), and re-unfolded it again. It still will take a couple (or more) weeks to finish and release.
  13. Hot4Darmat

Hot4Darmat Member

Thanks for the quick reply. Take whatever time you need....I have lots to build in my "printed" pile anyway.

Thanks again Shiftdel and Blaar and all others for the excellent mech models. I really appreciate all the time and effort you put into these.
  14. UKXK189

UKXK189 New Member

I may have missed in when skimming over this thread, if so, I apologize, but does anyone have a model of the clan elemental? I was thinking of upsizing it so that it could be used as a halloween costume.
  15. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

16. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

You may be better off using that as a maquette and building a more detailed version from scratch. The 3D model is very simplified and square (the 'round' arms actually are squares), so it won't scale very well.
  17. UKXK189

UKXK189 New Member

Well, the Elemental was put on hold. My son decided he wanted a mech costume for Halloween, so I am building him a WHM-6R Warhammer.
  18. Dunkel

Dunkel New Member

Whaou ! I would to see the result ! A mech costume !!!! Great !!!!
  19. UKXK189

UKXK189 New Member

It is just about done. Unfortunately, I need to buy a new mem card for the digital camera. Apparently my wife left the old mem card in the picture kiosk the last time she printed out pictures.
  20. Dunkel

Dunkel New Member

Ahhhhh women and technology :)