Mechwarrior 4 Mechs

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by shiftdel, Oct 30, 2007.

1. When is the release date supposed to be??

2. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

I don't have a release date, as I only work on this when I have a free time (not so often, sadly).

I still need to redo the Pepakura work, as I had to change the mesh to correct some texture mapping problems, and some fitting problems too, so it will take some time to be finished.

Probably I will release the Hellhound first, the pepakura is almost done, just need small adjustments.
  3. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

Some family pics of my MW4 beta builds (Vulture, Cougar, Novacat & Mauler).

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Cougar fell taking Mauler with it (Cougar is not very stable)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
  4. Thanks for posting the family portrait, shiftdel. You can really see the difference in size. That Mauler is huge! Love the skin on the Cougar. You 'mech models are all terrific.
  5. bobyboba

bobyboba New Member

When you will download Novacat and Cougar???
  6. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

Thanks Rock and Boby. I also like the camo of the Cougar, it's my personnal creation, based on Luftwaffe camos ;)

The next releases will probably be done in the following order:
  7. Hot4Darmat

Hot4Darmat Member

Very very nice. They look great together in that family portrait shot. Time to make some repair bays and set up a cool diorama to shoot.
  8. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

I thought about that when I took that picture of them on my shelf. A repair bay would be really great...
  9. Kjev

Kjev Member

If it helps, I have the mech commander 2 game (if it survived the fire). I can try to get some pictures of the repair bay or the mobile repair bay. There are also some paper terrain models that are very well done over at I'm not sure if the repair bay is in there or not. These are all scaled for classic BT (N,1:285, or 6mm).

10. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

Okay, I just tried out the Mauler in MW4: Mercs, and I am hooked to this mech! I usually take Mad Cats, but I tried it on a hunch. Now I'm going to have to download the Mauler and build it up. :mrgreen:
  11. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

I like to play with Mauler too, it is one of the best to add a decent amount of armour and still has room left to add a decent amount of firepower, and also keeping enough speed to get out of trouble when necessary ;)

The design isn't the beautifulest but I like the combination of missile and weapons :D
  12. blaar

blaar Member

Now I know ......... your avatar explains your love for the Mauler :)
  13. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

Yeah, I reserve that title for the Mad Cat, the most distinctive 'Mech of the Clans. It looks like a pro wrestler comin' after you to give you a PPC and ER Heavy Laser 'bear hug.' :mrgreen:
  14. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

I just uploaded the finished Hellhound PDO on my FileFront folder...

shiftdel41 Profile, shiftdel41 Details -

Hope you enjoy it, although it is probably the most difficult to build.

It comes in 13 CraftRobo compatible sheets full of parts, plus one more sheet with extra parts, to make legs and ankle movables ;)

Attached Files:

15. haught70

haught70 mech ethusiest

wow nice shift, i just got a argus done, and i filed it my self, if you would like i would show you a pic, it has a pivot able torso
  16. blaar

blaar Member

Yeah , go ahead haught70, show us your work. :)

Shiftdel, superb work, I don't know how you manage to turn out model after model looking that great .......

Thnx for sharing with us.
  17. haught70

haught70 mech ethusiest

Here is my Argus that I built, I have other Camo skins too. And about my ShadowCat and some of my other Mechs, Well.... My Little Kitten decided to make new friends with them and ended up ripping them,"Little ****" lol. but umm I am working on more and I would really like to see the Cougar go on release. If that is alright With Shiftdel, And if he has it done. Thanks everyone for getting me into this. it keeps me occupied :mrgreen:

This first one is a real nice Picture.
    This is a forward shot.
    And this is a look at the Twisting Torso.
  18. blaar

blaar Member

Nice Argus ........ that is the one MadCatManiac made in GoogleSketchup and I did the texturing and Pepakura work. Glad you liked it. Also it is good to see other people showing of your work ...... :thumb:

Oh , yes.

I released my Plastech RifleMan Paper Model too ...... you can download it here :

BLaaR Profile, BLaaR Details -

Sorry about the thread highjack shiftdel :cool:

Attached Files:

19. wedge

wedge Member

Thank you Shifdel very ,very much :thumb: we appreciate your work !
  20. blaar

blaar Member

Fafnir ............ :mrgreen::thumb::cool: PLEAZZZZZZZZ