Mechwarrior 4 Mechs

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by shiftdel, Oct 30, 2007.

1. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

Currently I did model 10 or 11 mechs, although I only released 6 by now, the rest is under various stages of completion, and I also started working on 3 more models.

I'm not counting models which I did not model from scratch, but did the clean up necessary to convert to paper model...
  2. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member a recap....I surfed through this entire post and through the MW3 website and through your filefont site.....the only models released so far are:

And we're all eargerly anticipating:

I'm thinking I missed one....anyway...LOVE yer models, shift....keep up the great work!
  3. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

You did forget my MW3 Orion and Awesome, they are both at downloads page and also on their own FileFront links (I didn't have an account on that time), those make the 6 released ;)
  4. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

5. TheNe[x]us

TheNe[x]us New Member

oh nice..Mauler...i seem to have every build you put to actually start building my next papermech :p

Vulture,ShadowCat,Uller,Catapult,Orion,Awesome & Mauler yeah!
    7 papermechs...oh and i shudder the thought when you make Nova & Cougar available :p
  6. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

This is a preview what you get on skinset1 - 3 stock MW4 skins: Panzer, Steiner woodland, and Warpaint

7. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

and on skinset2 - 3 uniforms desert camo skins: Australia Desert Disruptive, Lebannon, and Polish desert

8. TheNe[x]us

TheNe[x]us New Member

i love the second skinsets...makes Mauler look more menacing.

i notice a bushwacker/cauldron born build.its from you right Shift?how did the beta build go?
  9. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

On forum?

The bushwacker was cleaned and unfolded by me, but the model was not created from scratch like the others, it is the original model from the game, as well as the Cauldron Born, but that one was cleaned and unfolded by another guy there.
  10. TheNe[x]us

TheNe[x]us New Member

yeah...hahas i got my forums mixed up.anyway i'm gonna build my next vulture (MW3 variant) first before i move on to other mechs.i think i missed a mech while i was in the Daishi...was it ever released?i remember zecks had one.but is there another build that i can download?
  11. Ottaku

Ottaku New Member

Really ty for you good job shiftdel :thumb:. Cant wait for the next mech.
  12. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

Not released yet, but there is a guy, Cantaris, working on it, don't know when it will be ready to release, I guess it is at beta testing phase, not sure...
  13. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

Well, you will have to wait a bit, sorry, but the next one probably will be the Hellhound ;)
  14. Gearz

Gearz Member

Howdy Shiftdel Sorry I'm slack with the emails.

I just flicked through your design tutorials @ ~ great stuff ! I don't want to stand on any toes, but budding designers are always looking for design tuts, and I'm sure they would find those helpful, so a link to those pages in your signature here would be handy. Or maybe repost them here..?
  15. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

Thanks Gearz, I never thought about to post a link for those tuts on, because as they are in another forum, I didn't know if would be ethical to do so (post a link for another forum).

I still need to finish my tutorial about cleaning models in Metasequoia, so I could post it here too, altough I'm not sure if it would be helpful, as Jaybats already wrote an excellent tutorial for Meta.
  16. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

I'd just uploaded another skinset, skinset3_materials; this time it has a generic steel skin, another rusty one (which I like more :D ) and the third, my favorite, sandburn, which looks like it has heavy battle damage, just cool :D

17. TheNe[x]us

TheNe[x]us New Member

yeah about those tuts,you can just copy/paste lol.
    anyway i second Gearz notion for you to have anoter copy of the tuts here in Zealot.
    As for the skinsets...what can i say,its getting better all the time.ill be keeping my eye on both forums for your next project.
  18. blaar

blaar Member

Thank you shiftdel ........ these are all exellent. Now I am going to re-build my Mauler ...... well. After I have done my Uller.

Great Work.

Also , if you need some beta testing ....... lemme know. I will gladly help.
  19. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

Another update, it is almost complete, I got a bit lazy with this, so it has only one joint at the waist, I may include 2 more on the arms, if I decide to put joints there to make storage easier.

Final assembled parts:

And the torso mounted over the legs:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
  20. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

Cougar model completed. I decided to be lazy and just glued the arms :D

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]