Measurements on Peco Turnouts

Donn Welton

Peco lists their turnouts as small, medium and large. How does this match with the usual difference between 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8? More importantly, what are the radii of the curved track on the turnouts? If someone has a home page address for Peco that would be helpful; I have not been able to find one.
Donn

Donn Welton

Thanks

Thanks for the tips. I forgot to mention is that I work in HO. What surprised me a bit is that the Peco site does not have a complete list of their turnouts, not to mention technical information on the turnouts. I was looking for a rather simple conversion chart that would line up Peco lables for turnouts with the standard ##4-8 and then give radii on the switch track.
This is a super site, the best that I have found! I am glad to be a part of it.

Drew1125

Hi, Donn!
Have you tried a Wather's catalog? Most hobby stores sell them, & will have a store copy that you can thumb through.
Walther's has a pretty good list of Peco products, including dimentions, & radii.
Good Luck! (&welcome to The Gauge! )
Keep us posted on your progress,
BTW - The Peco products are great, no matter what scale you're in.

Donn Welton

Meaurements of Switch Track on Turnouts

I have been able to piece together an answer to my original question from a combination of the responses I have received, the Walther's catalogue and the NMRA specifications sheets. The radii on the switch track of various turnouts are as follows:

*Atlas #4 = 15"

*Peco small = 24"

*Peco medium = 36"

*Atlas #6 = 43"

*Peco large = 60"

*Atlas #8 = 67"

Three comments: Peco small turnouts avoid the abruptness of the #4; their medium turnouts might be better than the #6 for smaller layouts or sections without allot of space. Yet given the dominance of tortoise switches, it would be nice if they came without springs.

And thanks to all who replied!