Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Nothing, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

This is my first preprinted kit. It was a freebie (quite to my surprise) from Paper Model Store. I have other projects i whant to do but am intimidated by them so I decided i would start with this one to get my feet wet. (of course having a great intrest in german WWII experimentals doesnt hurt either) I decided to post a build thread in the hopes ya'll could give tips , advice and criticism to help me learn a bit.

I decide to start with the tail as it was the simplist part to figure out. Not being able to read the instructions is making it a little more difficult and i have allready made some mistakes because of it.

me1101 001.jpg
    me1101 002.jpg
    me1101 003.jpg
  2. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

nice subject! very cool freebie - gotta love it when they throw stuff in :)
  3. steitler212

steitler212 WW2 Airplane Guru

is there anyway that you could send that model in an email sice its free
  4. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

completed tail. less than steller work. not real happy. have a lot to learn at this level.

me1101 004.jpg
    me1101 005.jpg
  5. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

actually it is a comercial kit. it was given to me as a bonus with an order.
  6. Teamds

Teamds Member

Nice build! I too received the kit as a bonus. Thanks for sharing.
  7. cdavenport

cdavenport Member

Hah! I spotted your first mistake. You were supposed to cut out the two lightening holes in the vertical stab bulkheads; otherwise, it's gonna be too heavy to fly!

Bad joke; couldn't resist-- nice build. I should stop typing and build more.
  8. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

i started the wing root formers, but the parts dont exactly match the diagram and there are no allignment marks for some of the formers so at this point im scared to glue them in. ill have to dry test the skin.

lol! i thought about that......ill just have to compensate with a bigger engine!
  9. eric_son

eric_son Member

Haha.. I didn't even notice those circles! Hmm... I wonder if cutting them off is really part of the overall design. Maybe cutting them off would remove enough weight from the tail to allow the tricycle landing gear to stand up properly. :twisted:
  10. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

the plans call for ballast in the nose.

now im getting really perplexed!! the formers arnt matching the skins at all.

me1101 006.jpg
    me1101 007.jpg

i have to lower the whole former down to get it to line up. still doesnt match the diagram. oh well.
  11. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

well...a little progress. there are a few real bad fit problems. tail sections is smaller than the next up section. the diagram is as clear to me as the polish its written in, so i have degraded to plowing in and figuring as i go as opposed to examining and getting a plan of attack. at this point im really starting to question wheather im capable of building these kits.

me1101 009.jpg
    me1101 011.jpg

NULLMOON Member

despite the fit issues its a good looking kit i was beaten in a bid for one of these kits on e-bay ..makes me wish id bidded that extra 20p:lol:
  13. eric_son

eric_son Member

Looks great!

One question though. Will you be 'wrapping' that fuselage section strip onto the main fuselage? There doesn't look like any place or glue tabs for anchoring.
  14. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

There are tab strips to be applied to that fuselage strip, however the forward gear bay was very unclear in its placement. thats why i went this way. also tthe bulkhead is smaller than that fuselage. i have scince butchard the nose trying to get the front gear bay and the rest of the fuselage. it is apperant i need to reevaluate how to go about these types of kits.
  15. edi

edi Member

both, reporting and modeling are perfect:thumb:

great job, @nothing
  16. Fred Bultman

Fred Bultman Member

The normal sequence is to build in part number order, I can't tell if that is part of the problem; it just may be a lousy fit. Your work is very neat, so don't be discouraged.

17. benhpark

benhpark Stealth Modeler

Excellent job, indeed!
  18. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Excellent build on an interesting subject... You know what they say, just expect that the model won't fit at all, and you'll never be disappointed :D
  19. the4ce

the4ce Member

Great job :thumb:
    Keep on the good work:thumb:
  20. col. kurtz

col. kurtz Member

excellent work nothing !!!!!!!!!!!:thumb:
    keep it up
    just bought this kit off of ebay coming from poland:thumb:.....nullmoon i bought 2 so when they arrive ill let you know n drop one off to you in gravesend town....ill get the ferry over havent been there for afew years :wave: