MDC/roundhouse HOn3 instructions

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
I recently built the MDC/Roundhouse 'battle Mountain' 0-8-0t dummy engine and now I'd like to try to power it. Since it's chassis is from the MDC outside frame HOn3 2-8-0 I was wondering if anyone has a set of instructions that would let me figure out the parts I need from MDC as well as how is goes together. Any help would be greatly appricated. Here's a picture of the little fellow as a dummy :
http://www.railimages.com/gallery/glenhaasdyk/aar

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
Yes Glen,
You're in luck. E-mail me your e-mail address and I'll send you a .gif scan of the parts list and exploded view of the loco. It's all legible too after reducing it to a 2 colour picture. It's a 184Kb file reduced from a 1.4Mb .jpg !!!

Errol

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Glen,
I remember that Battle Mountain kit, I used the frame to build my 2-4-4-2, and I used the saddle tank to convert the Mantua saddle tank 2-6-6-2 to a more reasonable standard gauge loco.
I posted photos a long time ago of both locos, I think they are still here.
Pete

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
I've seen the picture of your 2-4-4-2 and I was really impressed. I'm trying to peice together running gear for powering my little beastie. I think the most difficult part will be electrical pick-ups. Since the frame is off an engine with a tender, the tender ould normally have pickups but now I have to build and isolate the pickups on the engine itself.

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Glen,
I found the thread on my inside frame 2-8-2, MDC kitbash. It has a couple of shots of the frame, and what I did to modify it, hope it is of some help with your project.
I bumped the thread in scratchin' and bashin' so you could check it out.
Pete

David Elliott

Sep 23, 2005
Roundhouse 2-8-0 HOn3 kit

I have just obtained the outside frame version of the kit. I am converting it to OOn2 (4mmscale) as a model of the SAR NG15 loco. I will have to find outside valve gear for it. Hence I have the original Rounhouse instructions if needed.
To anyone who planing a tank engine version I suggest that you use PC board to repace the axle retainer and attach pickups to that.