May 10th is National Train Day!

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Today is National Train Day, an AMTRAK promotional event marking the anniversary of the Golden Spike in Promontory Summit in Utah but mainly intended to promote travel by train.. There are events taking place in various larger AMTRAK stations across the country.

About | National Train Day

My layout is set in just pre-AMTRAK times but I thought I'd get in the spirit of the thing and promote train travel!

010_10.jpg

I know there are AMTRAK modelers on the forum (and modelers with passenger trains prior to AMTRAK) so show your stuff here or in this week's Photofun thread...and if anyone is participating in any of the events let us know!

Ralph

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
A Spectrum FP40 from the early 80s that I picked up for $5. It's quite a brute and only needed a nose job and scratchbuilt railings to bring it up to snuff.

amtrak5a.jpg

I also have an Athearn HO FP45 and a Bachmann N scale F7, both in the early "bloody nose" scheme. I'll try to post pics of them in a bit.

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
Ahh yes...the Golden Spike in Promontory, Union Pacific was there:mrgreen::mrgreen: , who would have ever guessed back then that Union Pacific would survive to become America's oldest operating & largest class 1 Rail Road today:thumb: .

i wish i could be at the festivities:mrgreen: .

:deano: -Deano