Matthysen sub on the GVR.

C

Catt

This is my version of a micro-layout and also my inspiration (hopefully) to get my butt in gear and get back to working on the big layout.

mattsub1a.jpg

While its great to have an operating layout again I do have a complaint about this one. IT"S BORING!

Anybody got any thoughts to share on spicing it up some?

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Catt,
Aside fron cayan pepper...........................maybe a 15" gauge mining line interface. :D :D

OK, 3' gauge then.
Pete

C

Catt

Pete,the layout allready doubles as a HOn30 layout. :D So you see it is a dual gauge layout allready. :eek:

Tyson Rayles

Hmmmmmmm, at 2 ft. by 6 ft. if that's a micro I can only guess that it must be Gn7.5 being is you mentioned the it's n-scale track :D :D :D. I bet 2 by 6 does seem like a micro compared to your reg. layout! If I had your room, don't know as I would get into minis/micros. Did you look all the plans over at Carl Arendt's site? He's got plenty of em' and most of em' have lots of switching. :)

http://carendt.us/

2'x6' a Micro? in N thats pretty big!

aax.gif

this is 2.5x4.5, in 2x6 the yard can be moved inside the main track and the curves can be stretched out a bit. should be more intereesting.

Here's the 2x6 varient

aci.gif

C

Catt

mattsub.jpg

Ok this is the final track plan. The passing siding and the left end turnout will be pulled up tomorrow and the new track laid.I plan to use fairly large buildings to help hide the train abit.

If I have the time I will post a few pics too,