Massive 1701-Refit/A

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by OylPslyk, Nov 23, 2007.

1. OylPslyk

OylPslyk Aspiring Usurper

I've finished reviewing the parts, so I sent the bridge to the Downloads section this morning, when the "inner guts" are done I'll update it as a 2.0 :mrgreen:
  2. The Hermit

The Hermit Member

ok you got me

i love this

im stopping all other models

now i gotta find a way to print this on the 11 x 17 color laser printer at work :mrgreen:

thank you for your contributions to this wonderful hobby

and merry christmas!!
  3. OylPslyk

Holy Cow! do you mean your making it 2x size??? Wow!

this sucker's already a foot long as it is!, its also already the biggest scale trek-ship I've seen in paper to begin with (even if it is just a part)

I'll watch your build with supreme interest!
    I hope it stands up well to the up-scaling, I still have the bridge-module test-build on my desk, and I just love it! when I have time to build more Im gonna build the finished version to replace it there! (my test was just a low-res gfx pass, was just worried about the fit... you can see corners on all the polygons.)
  4. Mauiman

Mauiman Member

So is there going to be a engeneering section with some necalls?
  5. Brooks1975

Brooks1975 New Member

1701 Redo

Looks well thought out and really nice work. Looking forward to the finished product. Several reams of card stock and packages of ink waiting.
  6. OylPslyk

I havent put this thing totaly to bed while I'm workin on the batwing and x-wing.

I've been doin a lil here and there on the side, mostly planning out how it all will go together and the support system for the neck and nacelles to hold it all together, to try and avoid warping/sagging...

I dont think I'll ever be able to get too far from this one:mrgreen:
    I've spent over a year perfecting designs of this baby to work from!
  7. trekman1017

trekman1017 Member

8 months later... Are you planing on ever finishing this project?
  8. Falwin

Falwin New Member

Just a modest question about the current status of this BIG E...
    (and a deserved BUMP as well :mrgreen:)

I´m well aware that holding my breath on this one might proove a litte unhealthy,
    i just wanna know...

9. ohgodwhy

ohgodwhy Member

I think he's focused on his X-Wing project right now. His last post was on that thread about a month ago. I'm happy with the bridge module, but the whole ship would be nice...
  10. Vortex_4200

Vortex_4200 Member

I've just finished reading the whole thread on this and afterI picked up my jaw off the ground, WOW.... :eek: and I wonder if MY wife would let me get away with this one :cool: well if she ever asks me if the will has been updated I might have to sleep with one eye open. :mrgreen:
    I await eagerly to see further results with this thread.
  11. THE DC

THE DC Member

Ready to test build

Send one on and I'll Photo the process!

12. OylPslyk

hey guys! ive gotten several messages of late about this beasty, and just want to re-assure everyone that this project WILL come to completion.

i dont get very much time to spend on these things anymore, and when i do i'm still tryin to get my x-wing finished. (insert hair-pulling/head-banging on wall sounds here)

i am glad too see though that there is still interest in this one, i cant wait to see it finished myself!
  13. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

great to hear from ya! i for one am interested in all your projects espesially this and the x-wing!
  14. Vortex_4200

Vortex_4200 Member

don't bang your head on the wall too hard, brain damage COULD slow down the process of getting this model finished! sign1

The Enterprise is going to be awsome once it is done keep up the good work!
  15. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

Good to see you're still at it bro! You've been gone from here for about as long as I have.
  16. trekman1017

trekman1017 Member

7 months later hows it comming?
  17. thokamous

thokamous New Member

any news on the model?
  18. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

Last post I saw from OylPslyk he'd been dabbling in other things and real life was keeping him very busy. That was some time ago. Don't know what he's up to now....:confused:
  19. thokamous

thokamous New Member

aww sad day
  20. OylPslyk

:wave: hey guys.

i'm sorry to say, that no; i've not done anything more on the paper-craft front. i just havnt had the time to actually BUILD anything in so long, the last thing i built was Skip and Claudio's Bumblebee in 2x size for my son. and that was more than a year ago. i made it for x-mas last year!

i have been working on the 3d version of the model. it and the x-wing projects are both still the largest focus of my free time. i tend to go back and forth from working on one to the other, with mini-projects in between.

but i can point you in the direction of an excellent refit wip that i've been following. check out Rawen's thread over here

if you want to check out the progress on my xwing or refit meshes, look me up on scifi-meshes or trekbbs sites. i'm under the username Anystar at both places!

all this being said, as i posted in '08. i DO want to complete this thing, and i'm almost always working on my 3d replica of the 8' model. i'm just never happy considering any certain parts of it "finished" in my quest for accuracy (which as i've said in the past WILL be my downfall...:mrgreen:)

anyway, keep up the good work fella's and take care.