Massive 1701-Refit/A

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by OylPslyk, Nov 23, 2007.

1. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

2. Dyna-Soar

Dyna-Soar Member

Could you do a few of the interiors, like the rec deck, shuttle bay and arboreatum, like on the Polar lights refit?
  3. OylPslyk

OylPslyk Aspiring Usurper

I do have plans for several interiors! some will be more detailed than others but yes tehy will be included:cool:
  4. OylPslyk

No prob Joe, no pressures from here!

I spent the last 2 days ridin a floor sander anyway!wall1wall1wall1
    Right now I'm workin on finishin up the parts for the big bridge!!!:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: I'll prolly spend most of the day on that, there was more left to unfold than I thought...:cry::cry::cry:
    (Yes I do the math myself!! IT CAN BE DONE WITHOUT PEP!!!!)sign1

anyway, Ill show some of it before I start to texture later
  5. OylPslyk

Im about finished with the shell for the superstructure, and the base is close to being done as well, so now I'm starting on the textures and the interiors!

here's a look at most of the parts

I'm loosely basing the few interiors on this, its from the Strategic Design's Deck Plans
  6. col. kurtz

col. kurtz Member

oylpslyk,id love to build the beta as you go as imabout to finish my pm pby-2 (which i need to update on my thread )as i have some time off in the next two weeks
    heres my email address
    col.kurtz (jo chambers):thumb:
  7. OylPslyk

I finished the grafix for the superstructure section today, I keep re-arranging how the parts are separated tho, I keep changing my mind where I want to either join or fold... (If only just a wee bit more would fit on a letter size sheet :cry: )

tomorrow I'm gonna start tackling the interiors and finish the stand, and I'll post some images then! :thumb:
  8. OylPslyk

Actually when I first started buildin papercrafts, i always just cut manilla folders in half and printed on them! I still have several models on the shelf made from manilla! its actually a lot sturdier than regular cardstock! I still use it for internal structures and parts! :mrgreen:
  9. OylPslyk

lol, great minds.....

I still have a good 3" stack of cereal box panels... I still use them fro things that really need stiffening, (like the hinges on the Lambda Shuttle...:cool: )
  10. OylPslyk

11. OylPslyk

My original plan was to include a small portion of the upper hull to serve as a base, with an optional vase-like stand, This option would give an overall diameter for the model of about 15"

I'm thinking of leaving this off now though, and just making a base for the thing itself...

any opinions???

Option 1

Option 2
  12. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

i personally would like the saucer section but either way im very excited about it.
  13. ajmadison

ajmadison Member

65 lbs paper

Being that I am lazy and cheap, my first card model was on some heavy weight paper that was lying around my desk. It was the best paper I've ever used and I've never seen the likes of it again. Being cheap, I scrounged the bottom of the supply cabinet at work, and found some dusty paper stock that was just going to be recycled some year. It was dyed a bright green and a light grey and worked very nicely. It was stiffer (or sturdier) than card stock, but definitely lighter in weight. What I found was 'Bristol Board' and in the US office supply warehouse stores, is 65 lbs paper (vs. coverstock's 110 lbs, sorry for the english units). Besides 8.5"X11", it also comes in 11"X17". It might come in 8.5"X14" but now I can't be sure. Good hunting...
  14. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

I like how you have done the stand. Both ideas look good.
  15. OylPslyk

excellent observation sign1

I suppose I could still add the parts for both, and just leave it to "user discretion"

I should have the pages ready by tomorrow! (possibly even late tonite) :cool:, although they may not include the stuff for the officers lounge just yet tho.
  16. OylPslyk

part layout is finalized! :thumb: workin now on stand and stiffeners. gonna wrap those up and then there's a couple parts I need to add to the bridge section. I'm gonna go ahead an post it to the downloads section then!

I'll add another version once the interiors are done :mrgreen:

Its aaaaaaaaalmost redy!
  17. OylPslyk

The Instructions are coming along nicely :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

I've been wathin a looooot of tutorials on 3d lately trying to re-learn all that I've forgotten, so I'm using this as a chance at an exersize in Isometric drawing:thumb:

here's a Preview
  18. OylPslyk

Hot-Digity-Dam its done!

I'm doin some nit-pickin over it, but once I'm done I think I'm gonna wait on sendin it to the downloads untill after I (Or someone else) finish up building the rest of it - just to make sure everything's kosher...

I'll just plop it here in the thread untill then!:mrgreen:

till then here's the preview

the stand and hull base thingy will come later along with the interior:cool:
  19. OylPslyk

At last...

here she is boys an girls... :mrgreen:

View attachment C2Bridge-120.pdf

again, once the add-ons are done I'll send it over to the DL section, but It'll park nice right here for now :mrgreen:

20. OylPslyk

BTW, I did finally remember that there WAS a shot of the O-Lounge used.
    Its during Spock's arrival in TMP!

Doesn't show much (just the part that we wont be able to see - lol)
    but it's better than nothin!