Massive 1701-Refit/A

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by OylPslyk, Nov 23, 2007.

1. OylPslyk

OylPslyk Aspiring Usurper

thanks Joe!

I got to work a lil on it today - i finished up the stuff for the base and stand, but most of the day, (and tomorrow and saturday) is bein eaten up by finishin up puttin those dang hardwood floors in at my mom's house..... (oooohhhh my back!!! lol)

come monday tho ill be able to post some pics of the bridge textures. I aught to get a lot done on sunday...
  2. causticphlegm

causticphlegm Member

Please tell me you're using a pneumatic nailer for doing those floors and not manually.

If not...hamr lol
  3. OylPslyk

lol, absolutely!!, it actually shoots staples tho.

Oh and tilein over the linoleum was 2yrs ago's project! sign1

my worst fear of late tho is that next is gonna be re-shingleing........:eek::eek::eek:
  4. OylPslyk

I'm thinking of adding a few parts for inside the superstructure windows, the vip lounge for the large back windows of course.
    but for the left/right sides I'm thinking of putting something like an Officers's mess on one side, and a conference room on the other...

only the vip lounge would have any real detail, teh side windows are only about 5mm diameter, so details would probably just be textured boxes anyway

any ideas?
  5. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

Your mom's house doesn't have those, uh. . .oh I don't know what you call them, but they stick out on top of the roof for attic windows? Anyway, if your mom's house has those on top, be prepared for some major headaches. I've never laid shingles, but my brother has and he can tell you it is one MAJOR PITA to lay them over those. . .thingamajigs.

Any-who. . .

I would probably go with your idea of putting textured boxes inside the holes, but don't put any red "X"s on the window holes themselves so that people who don't want to fiddle with 150+ window boxes won't have to. :wink:

Also, have you given any thought as to how you're going to do the shuttlebay? Are you going to do both versions, just the TMP version, or just the ST5 version? And are you going to include some shuttles, workbees, etc?
  6. OylPslyk

good questions...

1. im only plannin on doing the window thing on the studio-scale bridge. so there is less than a dozen windows (including the big ones at the back)

2. as for the shuttlebay, the only one I could get away with doing is the st5 version. on the Refit nearly the entire engineering hull is open space.... and Im gonna need to us that to support the nacelle pylons... :x

as it happens I was just about to post ayway so ya caught me just in time!! sign1

I have the preliminary pages for the bridge printing right now, and a pot of coffee brewing....!! (its been so long since Ive actually glued any paper together Im gonna put this sucker together tonite!!!:cool:

here's a peek

I'll post some pics once its together!
  7. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Looks good.
  8. OylPslyk

wow, got it together in less than 2hrs!! :thumb:
    it went together like a glove too :cool:

I didnt do all the lil add on pieces, just wanted to get the shape together to see how things fit, and to get a better idea of how the colors look.

even though its hollow right now it is still holding shape very well too! I was expecting it to bow out on the sides more...

Here she is!!!
  9. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

I didnt think that it would be possible to design and build a model to match the Vulcan Shuttle Surak from Shun pops website but it is well done people

John John
  10. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

Looks great Oyl. You're doing a great job here.
  11. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

i wonder if the vulcan shuttle would be to scale. itd be cool to have it doked to the bridge! looks great!
  12. OylPslyk

Im not sure what the shuttle's scale is, but the docking ring on mine is just a hair over 19mm if that helps?
    so the vulcan shuttle's would have to be about 18 or so in order to mate.
  13. OylPslyk

Ok, I bumped up the resolution on the textures and finished adding all the little pieces!

Here's the 1st half, the Bridge itself :mrgreen:
    View attachment NCC-1701r_Bridge-120scale.pdf

I'll prolly have the superstructure finished tonite!!
  14. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

what a surprise! thought i was getting a link to a new resolution picture and got the model instead! lol. thank you this is awsome!
  15. OylPslyk

sign1 SurrrrrrrPRISE!

I'll include instructions later once the rest is finished
  16. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

lol, are you actually going to have room for this completed model????
  17. Gomidefilho

Gomidefilho Member

Great work!!! Literally! amazing amazing!!!!
  18. OylPslyk

I wish, but no... thats why its just the upper structure at this scale as a stand-alone dipslay....

the full model is half this size :mrgreen:
  19. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

Sweet! I cant wait until you get the model completed! With the full aztecing on the paper model, it'll be only too easy to re-size it for painting templates for my 1:350 PL Enterprise! I'll be ebuilding it anyway, though I will probably go with a wooden armature for the nacelles.
  20. OylPslyk

I made templates for the 350 refit a good way back... ill dig em up and send em to you..:thumb:

also - I finished about half the parts for the superstructure today, ill finish the rest soon and start texturing!!