Massive 1701-Refit/A

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by OylPslyk, Nov 23, 2007.

1. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

Holy crap, dude....

You're going to cause me to get a divorce with this one.....

If I had the time right now, I'd be all over this beta build. But between working, and still arguing about where ekuth's Rodger Young belongs, I'm going to just have to watch and drool for a bit....
  2. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

Oyl, I like this Refit as you know. Would love to build it but just can't, I've only just managed to fix my relationship with the wife so this would destroy all the hard work. LOL

I'll be watching though and desperately hope someone rises to the challenge and builds it. This will be one to watch!
  3. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Ok, I must be mad, but I will give it a go. I'll PM you.
  4. OylPslyk

OylPslyk Aspiring Usurper

saucer test-01

Ok, here's the stuff for the saucer, have fun!!!! sign1

View attachment

feel free to post the pics and any questions here

(sorry Paul, no textures just yet)
  5. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

Ooh. This got even more interesting! Can't wait to see some pics!!
  6. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Got the files. This is going to be fun.

No textures is fine.
  7. Mauiman

Mauiman Member

I would like to start seeing some pictures soon from you guys... I don't have enough room and besides I am going to contenue working on my 17' long Titanic model.
  8. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Your all mad ... MAD I TELLS YOU!
  9. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

I am struggling to get hold of imperial paper (11'' x 8 1/2''). So I am going to have to print using A4 card.

I have printed the HF-2 pieces as a test, to compare sizes with yours. I measured the formers at 8 1/8'' or 208mm. Is this the same as yours. I have used 'no scaling' as a print setting, so hopefully they are alright.
  10. OylPslyk

the sheets, while they are formatted on an 8.5x11 background, the objects only cover 7.5x10
    so as long as you print to 100% they will be at scale

the blue line is my print region, the red represents what an 8.5x11 would be.

or if you "scale to fit" all of your sheets when you print, i can assure you the pages will always print to the same scale, because my print region never changes.

That help?

I've also been working on finishing up the bridge and super-structure parts.
    I'll email the 2 of you the pages later tonite or in the morning when they're redy!

here's a look at the superstructure parts
  11. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Thanks. Imust have done something wrong, your 188.31mm is 208mm on my paper. I'll try again.

Bridge looks good.
  12. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Ok. I think I've cracked it. I have to print off at 91% to get the 188.3mm size. I don't know why.

I can't find a 'scale to fit' in my adobe reader. I have version 7.

Just for a quick check, whats is the height on the HF-2 parts.
  13. OylPslyk

they are 31.91mm Paul (my acrobat is v8, but this is where the scale is on mine)

I have also made another intersting discovery just now, the superstructure and bridge module will make for an excellent model on its own!, it measures in the neighborhood of 5"x6"x2", I am going to finish in the textures for it, and work up a base/stand thingy for it before I post it! :cool:

I have thought of doing this before, but completely forgot about it till now!
  14. The Hermit

The Hermit Member

to tell you a bridge big enough for its own model would be really cool!
  15. The Hermit

The Hermit Member

where are the photos!
  16. OylPslyk

I agree!! I dont want to sidetrack myself, but I would love to scale it up to about dinnerplate or shelf size to do it justice.

If you guys doin the test-building dont mind me spending a day or two doin this, I may just do so.

studio scale 1:120, would make it just about would be a foot long, just under 10" wide, and about 3-2/3" tall
  17. Jim Nunn

Jim Nunn Member

You can purchase bulk paper "candy sticks" at craft and candy making stores. They have a diameter of 3.5 to 4 mm (5/32-3/16) and are available in lengths of 4 to 8 inches. You get around 50 for $2. They are surprisingly strong it takes good 4 lbs to deflect a 4in stick .25 inches.

Jim Nunn
  18. OylPslyk

This is the layout of the studio-scale bridge, it should make for an excellent display! I'm working on the parts now.

19. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

oh you got me drooling now!!!
  20. OylPslyk

!! carefull, dont warp your paper, or bleed the ink !!! sign1