Masochism at it's best

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Okay -- I know, there are on the market some Cambell shingles which will do the job just as well, but, Masochistic is my middle name :D
Jus been shingling a roof one piece at a time. :rolleyes: Still ain't got it all finished yet, maybe by Friday night with a bit of luck.

Shamus
waver.gif

Attachments

• roo.jpg
    roo.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 192

Clerk

Nov 6, 2002
Esparto, California
Visit site
Shamus. That is looking great. I don't have the patience to work that long on anything exept my layout and that came to a stall lately as I have been in bed really sick.. Better now and going to try to go to work today.

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Okay -- I know, there are on the market some Cambell shingles which will do the job just as well, but, Masochistic is my middle name
Yeah Shamus, but when you're done, and see how good it looks, you change your middle name to Pleased As Punch!!:D :D :D
The end result is more than worth the effort.
Pete

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
Shamus, you're acheiving a look of realism which is just fantastic!
With your super quality close-up photos your "doing it the hard way" sure pays off. Top drawer modelling sir!

Heck, I almost went crosseyed doing the roof of my wife's doll's house .. and that was 1/12th scale!!!

Errol

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
HI Shamus, Now you you darn'ed good and well there ain't no Cambell shingles that will do the job....:) :D If there ever was an item that will inflict self punishment its those Campbell Shingles 'cause the glue on them doesn't ever stick:eek: :D

Absolutly fantastic my friend:)

Clerk....Sorry to hear you're under the weather...get better soon :)

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Thanks guys for the comments,

As for you Mr T, if it's a 1 to 1 house
YOU can do it. If it's N-scale you can do that as well. But, if it's H0, ---------------- I still won't do it :D:D

Shamus
waver.gif

YakkoWarner

Mar 10, 2001
Orange County, NC.
www.the-gauge.com
If you are going to put a new roof on your house I recommend that you hire a company to complete the tear off and disposal. I re-roofed my house last fall, I saved about $4,000.00 US overall. For the tear off and disposal, I spent nearly $900.00 (dumpster rental, dump fees and laborers) and it took me almost two full days. I had two quotes for $1,100.00, and they would have had it done in four hours.

The best quote I got for the whole job was $6,300.00 and We spent a total of $2,400.00.

billk

Jun 12, 2001
Marion, IA, USA
YakkoWarner -

Just so you don't think you had it too bad - the last (and only, I guess) time I was in the UK, one of the people I was seeing lived in a house with a thatched roof. He had to get his house declared a national historic site (or whatever is the UK equivalent) so he could get a grant to get his roof rethatched. Apparently there was only a handful of people in the whole country that knew how to do it, and he couldn't afford it without the grant.

BTW, Shamus, any ideas how to model a thatched roof? Please don't tell me you would start out by getting some HO scale straw!