Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by Renovo PPR, Mar 10, 2007.

1. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

Well I went and started the conversions. Every single one of my Marx rolling stock no longer have trucks. The conversion has started with my two Tuscan Erie flat cars being replaced with modern trucks.

I did find one strange fact though I had to take the copper plate off of the operating cars so that they would go through the fastrack turnouts with out hitting the bottom of the copper plate.
  2. Cannonball

Cannonball More Trains Than Brains

Could the plates be raised up to clear the switches somehow?
  3. CNWman

CNWman CNW Fan

Why 'Mark NO MORE'? All you're doing is upgrading the trucks, not re-doing the actual car...:confused:
  4. Marxed

Marxed Member

no comment.
  5. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

Well I call it Marx no more because I have been buying them by the gross and converting them which is [FONT=&quot]basically[/FONT] an upgrade. So I guess I could call them Super Marx with new cool colors and parts.

They are so cheap it is fun tearing them apart to come up with something new. :)
  6. Cannonball

Cannonball More Trains Than Brains

I've had a few girlfriends like that.
    I didn't figure tearing them appart to make new ones was an option though.

7. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

I could try to raise the body but with the type of trucks I used it might not work so well. I like the spring type and they connect to the body with a single crew and brass collar.

You should buy a few more cheap ones and try painting them. They are great to use because if you mess up there isn't a great loss. I love them and right now they are a buyers dream market.
  8. Dave Farquhar

Dave Farquhar Member

I've raised bodies before by putting a fender washer (or two) in between the truck and the body. That may or may not work with the attachment method your trucks use but might be worth a shot. I found I was using so many of them (not just for train stuff) that last time I bought some I just bought a box. Much cheaper that way if you're going to use a lot of them.
  9. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

Here is what a Marx No More looks like. Yep it looks like a Marx except it runs a lot better on a set of tracks. Note I did find a use for all those extra wheels.

View attachment 35626

Attached Files: