Marvin Beta Build

sneaker

Sep 23, 2006
Chandler, Arizona
Yay!

Finally done!

and here he is in all his glory, Bumps, brusies and other injuries. And a keychain marvin to boot.

Oh yeah! and in the last pic Marvin is standing next to a 18 inch ruler (45mm for all you metric folk) so you can get an idea of his relative size.

I will post final thoughts on Marvin tomorrow.

Other than that Thank You very much for the opportunity to "Ceta" Build Marvin for you BazookaJo!

Good night :)

Attachments

• F1.JPG
    F1.JPG
    415 KB · Views: 200
  • F2.JPG
    F2.JPG
    407.5 KB · Views: 166
  • F3.JPG
    F3.JPG
    393.4 KB · Views: 146
  • F4.JPG
    F4.JPG
    394.8 KB · Views: 165

BazookaJo

Apr 2, 2006
UK
www.bazookajo.me.uk
sneaker said:
Finally done!

and here he is in all his glory, Bumps, brusies and other injuries. And a keychain marvin to boot.

Oh yeah! and in the last pic Marvin is standing next to a 18 inch ruler (45mm for all you metric folk) so you can get an idea of his relative size.

I will post final thoughts on Marvin tomorrow.

Other than that Thank You very much for the opportunity to "Ceta" Build Marvin for you BazookaJo!

Good night :)

Great Job Sneaker!!!!:grin: and big thanks for the help!!

Look forward to your final thoughts.

Best regards

Paul.

P.S. 1 down - just 2 more to go before public release :)

P

paulhbell

well done sneaker. I hope mine will be finished tomorrow(saturday).

P

paulhbell

helmet and face

Good progress today. The helmet is nearly finished, just the rim to do, part ij3. The face is done, just the pupils to glue on. Still sorry about the pictures being blurred, the camera I have borrowed is rubbish. It is a 3.2 mega pixel fuji, I am using it on a 1 mega pixel setting, but it just will not focus.

Attachments

• DSCF0090.JPG
    DSCF0090.JPG
    116.6 KB · Views: 140
  • DSCF0091.JPG
    DSCF0091.JPG
    120 KB · Views: 140

B-Manic

Peripheral Visionary
Nov 27, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Looks great Sneaker.

My progress has stalled due to social commitments. Tis the season and all that. My 8 year old had her Christmas concert last night. I hope to be back at it and finished either Saturday or Sunday.

Bad_Scorpion

Jul 2, 2006
I can't wait for this one. I have someone I work with that will probably have a heart attack when I end up building this one and giving it to her. Maybe I shouldn't give it to her don't want to be the cause of anyones over excitement causing heart attack. Would probably be fround apon. But, I'm sure she would really like it since she has looney toons all over her desk and work area. I don't think I've ever seen so much stuff covering a work area that can still be used. Anyway i wouldn't mind building this one looks like fun.

BazookaJo

Apr 2, 2006
UK
www.bazookajo.me.uk
paulhbell said:
Good progress today. The helmet is nearly finished, just the rim to do, part ij3. The face is done, just the pupils to glue on. Still sorry about the pictures being blurred, the camera I have borrowed is rubbish. It is a 3.2 mega pixel fuji, I am using it on a 1 mega pixel setting, but it just will not focus.

Looks good Paul:grin:

As I said before the helmet can be a pain, so with that out the way the rest should be plain sailing:)

Bowdenja

Sep 26, 2005
Madison, MS
I'm still going to scale up the helmet................ heck who says you have to wait untill Halloween to run around the office with funny hats on............. hey maybe I can get some time off doing that...........hmmmmmmmmm:grin:

Both beta builds look great........... thay means we are closer to being invaded by martians!

john

sneaker

Sep 23, 2006
Chandler, Arizona
Thanks for all the kind comments guys. It was a real pleasure to have been part of this. Everyone is so kind and helpful on all these forums....it blows me away. A real international community. All goverments should work together like this.:grin:

B-Manic and paulhbell, I look forward to seeing your Marvins completed as I know they will be far superior to mine, You guys rock.

As far as The Marvin is concerned, BazookaJo As I said This was an excellent first time design. It is very cool to see someone to put that much time into something everyone can enjoy. I found that building Marvin was challenging as opposed to frustrating, as some kits have made me. The instruction are well written, and flow logically. The parts match up well to each other with little or no resistance. Also for reasons I can not explain, It has helped me to better understand the mechanics of some of the other kits I have attempted to build. I will be revisiting those in the near future. :grin:

I give the Marvin The Martian Model 5 smileys, and an a+ thrown in for good measure.:) :) :) :) :) A+.

Happy Holidays everyone

Now where did I leave my glue?

Ashrunner

Sep 26, 2005
Redmond, Oregon
Bowdenja said:
I'm still going to scale up the helmet................ heck who says you have to wait untill Halloween to run around the office with funny hats on............. hey maybe I can get some time off doing that...........hmmmmmmmmm:grin:

john

Perfect attire for "casual Friday" or Thursday or Wednesday or Tuesday or heck...start a new fad...Designs from Mars.

P

paulhbell

finished

Well guys, I really went all out to get marvin finished today. And I did it. I would say about 7 hours today and my eyes have now given up.

Sneaker, as for which is best, you finished first so you get the gold.

I am also in agreement with sneaker, to build the 'marvin' has been a pleasure. Just take your time on the hands and the helmet. This is a ten out of ten. Well done Bazookajo.

Attachments

• DSCF0093.JPG
    DSCF0093.JPG
    291.1 KB · Views: 183
  • DSCF0094.JPG
    DSCF0094.JPG
    295.2 KB · Views: 151
Z

Zathros

This is the coolest model, is it going to be available? It is simply Brilliant!!!

BazookaJo

Apr 2, 2006
UK
www.bazookajo.me.uk
paulhbell said:
Well guys, I really went all out to get marvin finished today. And I did it. I would say about 7 hours today and my eyes have now given up.

Sneaker, as for which is best, you finished first so you get the gold.

I am also in agreement with sneaker, to build the 'marvin' has been a pleasure. Just take your time on the hands and the helmet. This is a ten out of ten. Well done Bazookajo.

:grin: Nice one Paul!!!! Another great build.

Man you really pulled out all the stops at the end - thanks again for the build and the great comments.

And thanks again Sneaker for the additional thumbs up (my head will be in proportion to Marvin's if it swells any bigger) glad you moved over to paper - it's the future.

Just one more build and we go live :twisted:

P

paulhbell

bazookajo- please do a 'yosemite sam' next. My nephew loves marvin and has been watching me build him from start to finish, he is only 4.

Now i have finished marvin, i am having a break untill after christmas, then I will be helping my niece finish building thewebdude's 'the cars' models.

sneaker

Sep 23, 2006
Chandler, Arizona
paulhbell said:

Yes you did!

You really nailed those helmet seams but good. excellent build paulhbell. :)

7 hours in one sitting? :razz:

I humbly pass the gold on to you ;-)

BazookaJo

Apr 2, 2006
UK
www.bazookajo.me.uk
paulhbell said:
bazookajo- please do a 'yosemite sam' next. My nephew loves marvin and has been watching me build him from start to finish, he is only 4.

Glad he liked it - as for Sam, it would be pretty cool, but I've so much stuff I want to build:razz: . Maybe one for the future:).

P

paulhbell

sneaker- since the build start I have spent between 1 and 2 hours a day, but yesterday a couple of hours in the morning. Then started at 4pm worked right through till just after 9pm. This is how I do my models, when I start a model I can not stop (at least it is better than taking drugs).

Bazookajo- I am putting bugs bunny and yosemite sam on my wish list, I have not designed my own models yet (I also don't think I am good enough to design my own models yet), so for the next couple of months I will just build. This will give me a better idea how the models go together, then I think I will give it a go at desiging my own models.

BazookaJo

Apr 2, 2006
UK
www.bazookajo.me.uk
paulhbell said:
Bazookajo- I am putting bugs bunny and yosemite sam on my wish list, I have not designed my own models yet (I also don't think I am good enough to design my own models yet), so for the next couple of months I will just build. This will give me a better idea how the models go together, then I think I will give it a go at desiging my own models.

Nice one Paul it will be great to have another body contributing to the wealth of models out there:)

What sort of models will you be doing?

The couple of months training sounds like a good plan. You could also start work selecting a 3D modelling package to use and reading up on it (if that's the way you're going to go).

I was going to do the same thing but got to the point where after 3 builds I really wanted to do my own stuff and the building was just getting in the way (especially since the kits I crave don't/didn't exist).

Okay I'm still a beginner, but I think my persistence has made up for my lack of experience. And although I'm not sure if my kits are going to get any better, I'm hoping to get quicker:grin: