MartinSanger workerbee

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Nothing, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

I built this to see if raising and recessing panel details would be worth the trouble on a project i whant to start. Still dont know if detail makes much of a differece but came out with a niffty 1/32 scale bee!

2. B-Manic

B-Manic Peripheral Visionary

Thanks - that is one nice model, very clean build
  3. panzer

panzer Member

Very good build! And it looks fine with recesses and panels!:thumb:

I've build some Trek ships during the last weeks and I'd say it's definitely worth the trouble. Check out Gearz' Borg Rogue Ship, I think it would be only half as nice without the hull recesses. In reality it even looks much better than on photographs.
  4. ajmadison

ajmadison Member

Definitely worth the trouble. Its a nifty little model. I'm a Trekkie that goes way back, so I feel compelled to say this, the details on the bottom are speculative at best. Dunno if you feel any strong need to make your upgraded version exactly like the FX miniature, you might, so I thought I should mention it before you start work.

In fact, this is exactly what happened to me. I started building one out of sheet styrene, and 1/2 through the build, discovered the bottom of the paper model does not remotely look like the FX miniature. Meanwhile, the extra relief takes a good model makes it look great.
  5. The Hermit

The Hermit Member

i agree it is worth the effort
    and you have a unique model that is set apart from the norm

now if some one can make a orion slave girl paper model..... :twisted:
  6. sherban

sherban Member

Such a nice build would worth a same quality interior