Martin(?) X-24

Discussion in 'Dream Kits & Wish Lists' started by MOS95B, Apr 3, 2007.

1. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

Since I'm at work and unable to get to a lot of pages for a search, I figured I'd post this here. Has anyone seen the Martin X-24A available anywhere? Or as I call it, "The plane from the opening credits of The Six Million Dollar Man"

2. SAustin16

SAustin16 Member

Hello MOS,

I'd be interested also. Would you mind letting us know if you find anything?

I got to see the X-24B at an airshow on static display of course, back in 1976. I always loved the lifting bodies. My favorite is the HL-10. It always seemed like the most graceful and refined design of the research aircraft.

Good Luck, and thanks for hosting the Moonport. It's really a jewel.
  3. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

Well, apparently my original image source doesn't allow linking, so ai did a new search. Now I need help from the X-Plane experts, what's the one in the middle? That's the actual one I want...

4. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

Never mind, it's the M2-F3 (Google is my friend, Google is my friend, Goo...)

Please, someone tell me a model exists. It would look so cool with the FG BUFF
  5. SAustin16

SAustin16 Member

Worse comes to worst, you could probably scratch build one fairly easily. Do a prototype or two to get the hang of it, then do it for "real". I agree that it would look great paired with a -52.
  6. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

I appreciate the vote of confidence, but yeah right... lol!!

Maybe when I get done with the BUFF, I'll give it a try, but I am definitely not a designer. Until then, I will continue digging through all the sites Google will help me find. If it works, I will definitely let y'all know. I know there's a lot of X plane fans on here, and there has to be more than just me that was a fan of the Six Million Dollar Man...
  7. I 've been looking for those Lifting-bodies, but I never found one, I think that I have 95% of the X-planes available in a big pile on my workbench. Maybe we can persuade Nobi or Kampflieger to make one, It would also be a good project to start with if you never have designed one....Look, mama, no wings!!!
    Cheers, Billy
  8. Nikolai Golovachev

Nikolai Golovachev New Member