Martin B-26 Marauder

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by chrisstahl, Jun 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cmags

cmags Guest

Maybe the new administration is moving towards a so-many-posts before posting pics and links? Its pretty common to need 10-25 posts on a forum before being able to link offsite to prevent spam.
  2. ....well

....well you could say a few words everytime someone responds with some well deserved praise - you'll make the target in no time. :twisted: It seems a shame we have this limit -perhaps in your case an exception can be made?

I'm more than happy to state that Chrisstahl's magnificent site is here featuring not only many versions of the Marauder,but also the Gloster Gladiator, Douglas Skylancer and Grumman Tiger. Next up looks to be the SAAB Draken which will have many colourful schemes.

Thank you for the Marauder. I made a few ("ahem") models for an aviation artist who had a passion for the underdogs in the bomber world - Halifax, B-24, B-26 who did a lot of the work and got very little credit (a bit like the Hurricane in the fighter world) and he had a lot of contacts with the brave aircrews who had a great love of their aircraft.
  3. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Welcome to the forums and thank you for such a great looking model :D So many schemes I don't know where to start.

I posted the link earlier in the internet finds but never noticed it was already up here :p oops :p

Thanks agian and hope to see more models from you.

4. Excelent stuff Chrisstahl!
    I already had the Skylancer....
    @ Eliot; It happened to me in another thread, where I posted a link to "sir" Alfonzo X Moreno's (AXM61)site,when I asked why
    this was the new admin's answer;

Posting links to commercial sites (or competitive forums) will no longer be permitted in the forums meant for discussions. This will be to promote support & advertising for our site. We may create a "recommended Vendors" forum where members can list those places they deal with.
  5. cmags

cmags Guest

Hey Armorman, I've been starting this battle since last night... I'm going to put together some information and post my discussion with Maico via PM in a thread, and put a poll together. Link to come shortly (it will be internal so should be ok ;) ).
  6. Runkle

Runkle New Member

Okay, well for starters I just skimmed though this thread so if I missed something, my apology.

I'm in total agreement with everyone on this, the action of the admin just dose not make sense without an explanation. I understand if this was copyrighted material or a shameless plug for Chris to sell his models... but his beautiful models are a "no strings attached offering".

Now, the Admin deleted the link, with as I have stated no explanation. If the Admin is implementing a new policy, in my opinion, would behoove the Admin to state the reason for the deleted link. Redirecting the link to where the Admin would like them to be in the future also helpful and doubling up on the explanation.

Seeing it from the Admins side of life, I would much rather go to one thread to monitor the links then to do the daunting task of scanning the entire site. It would be nice if the Admin would respond ending speculation.

7. SJPONeill

SJPONeill Guest

I wonder which is the less palatable: our opinions or their declining revenue as members bail...?
  8. PModel Rookie

PModel Rookie Member

Okay,from what I've heard,we can only post links to our 'Internet Finds' and tell how to get the model from there.That's an idea only 'brilliant' people come up...

BTW,I don't see the last poll about the condition of each member about link bans(sorry for my english),where is it?Deleted(by humiliation?)?

Dunno how to express my 'delighted' emotion,

BTW,did I tell Mr.Stahlhart's designs are brilliant?If not yet,It's really cool.I love the blank olive one.And,can the model be given away to a friend as a gift?
  9. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

10. Well I have been around for a long time now and I must say I am confused. First of all I don't think Administration should make any changes to a post without citing the reason and reference to the explicit policy violated in quotes. This is a forum for the free expression of ideas and to spread ideas about this hobby. While I agree there should be rules, they should be based on those things which infringe on the rights and beliefs (political or religeous) of others as well as to limit the threads to the practice of Paper modeling and the focus of this forum. Otherwise we should be free to spread any good finds whether commercial or free to those who would like to be introduced to these sites. (with the above limitations). If we have a poslicy of requiring a specific number of threads then my suggestion to new members is to PM a Senior Member and let him link it. You can contact me any time and I will be happy to oblige.
  11. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

So am I no longer allowed to post links to my website? I mean, since I do it every single time I post.
  12. 3Turner

3Turner Member

Seriously? Poor misguided soul.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.