Martin B-10B bomber

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by possm_23, May 15, 2006.

1. possm_23

possm_23 Member

I was watching the history channel(I think)....and i saw a curious bomber called the B-10B....does any one know if there is a card model for it? And here is an interseting trivia question....does any one know with out lookin it up....who was the top ace during WWII...and how many planes did he shoot down?... remember looking it up.:grin: :-D :twisted:
  2. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

Top Ace was Eric Hartmann...352 kills I believe....or has my memory gone the way of my sense of humor? 8v)
  3. Fishcarver

Fishcarver Active Member

4. possm_23

possm_23 Member

maybe i shoulld have said American WWII ace:grin:Eric Hartmann is right for Germany.......he was the all time.....thanks
  5. rickstef

rickstef Guest

Richard Bong

40 confirmed Kills, I watched Legends of Airpower on the Military Channel last week, and they had a whole show on him

6. possm_23

possm_23 Member

I thought i was the only one that watched
    ..He died on the same day that the first atomic bomb was dropped on japan
  7. possm_23

possm_23 Member

Hey ash...what did hartmann fly.....??????:???: :)
  8. Willja67

Willja67 Member

Impersonating Ash: The BF109
  9. wyverns4

wyverns4 Member

While I don't know about a card model of the MArtin B-10B, there is one being restored at the wings Over the Rockies Museum in Denver. I haven't been there in a while, so it may be finished by now. One ugly plane! The nose turret looks like it belongs to Robby the robot!
  10. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Hartmann, over 300 kills if I recall correctly.
  11. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Bf-109 mostly I think, and of course the finest mount to be found when the Luftwaffe was reformed in the 50's, the Canadair Sabre Mk6.
  12. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Also Bong died test flying the P-80. Ironiclly they took him off combat because they were afraid he would get killed. Asked him what he wanted to do and he said "fly the new jet." Took off on a test flight flamed out and crashed trying to make it back to the airfield. Told the tower he didn't want to bail out and lose the new plane.
    Personally I think McGuire was going to catch and pass him.

13. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

According to the book The Blonde Knight of Germany.... 352 confirmed kills. Well everyone already answered so this ain't cheating just making things clear! Besides got to use books just to spite Gil!

Planes flown in combat:
    Me-109G-7, G-10, G-14, G-16 and Me-109R-4

So all 352 victories were scored from a 109. He also flew ffom Nov. 5, 1942 until May 8, 1945(date of last victory) As they said "No rest for the pilots of the Fatherland."

And from the tally sheets he really shot down a bunch(70) of Lagg-5s with another 62 victories being the Il-2. Nether of these were considered to be easy marks!

14. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

Thanks Willja67!

What he said. 8v)