Martin B-10

Discussion in 'Dream Kits & Wish Lists' started by murphyaa, Mar 27, 2007.

1. murphyaa

murphyaa Designer

Does anyone know if there's a model of the Martin B-10 out there in internet land?
  2. 46rob

46rob Member

I anyone has one--It'd be Also check Ebay fo OOP kits. Squadron may also have decal sets, as well. Good luck in your search
  3. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

Williams Brothers did a nice one in 1:72 scale. I don't know if they are still in production, but they did an excellent range of racers and 20's-30's vintage types in 72nd, 48th and 32nd scales, as well as a load of larger scale guns and wheels for the flyers amongst us.

4. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

This needs to be done in paper!

along with a Shrike!!! Hey Shrike!!!
  5. shrike

shrike Guest

A Curtiss A8-A was my first real attempt at designing a model. I still have the basic forms and drawings......
    I had tossed around a B-10 model as well, but put it further back in the stack after the B-9 (which is also in the doldrums)

Ok, I might regret this, but pressure is good I s'pose.
    What should I start back on?
    Martin B-10? Boeing B-9B or Curtiss A-8A?

And who's volunteering to beta build?

(And if anyone has good 3 views of the Stearman XA-21 I DON'T WANT TO KNOW ABOUT IT (right now))
  6. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

I vote for what ever floats your boat! One question.............. radial or inline engine on the Shrike? hint...........BOTH!

7. shrike

shrike Guest

Inline is what I started with. A-10 is radial and A12 is radial with humped fuselage. All of them share wings, gear and empennage
  8. RyanShort1

RyanShort1 Member

Did someone say Curtis Shrike? I've got some 1/72 drawings I bought a few months back after picking up this photo for a dollar on Ebay...

Let me know if the drawings would be helpful, and the best way to get them to you.

9. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

well if no one like to do it i am valantir to tray :)

can u send me the drawings?
  10. murphyaa

murphyaa Designer

I've been commissioned by Fiddlersgreen to design the B-10 as their next bomber. I was just checking to see what the competition was. I might also include a design/build thread for fun, once I get it to the picture-worthy stage.
  11. RyanShort1

RyanShort1 Member

What's the best way to get them to you. They're a bit large... :wink:

I can email them, or post them somewhere on my website at for you to download.

12. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Martin B-10 is service in Thai Air Force and I would like to see her in Thai marking too... I searched for good 3 view drawing for a long time without successful. Will be great if someone can share me a drawing :)
  13. shrike

shrike Guest

Nobi. PM me an email and I can send you a 3view and profiles in Thai markings

I just printed out the pages I had done for an A8 a while back. Gonna start a quickie build to see how it holds up
  14. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

murphyaa ass a fiddlersgreen designer

can u please check for us for some new info about the LANCASTER project?

i use to see on the old web site in the SOON TO COME models but never see any pic of the progres or some info on it
    can u please check it for us?
  15. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Shrike............. I still volunteer to beta..............
  16. murphyaa

murphyaa Designer

As near as I can tell, somebody told Chip they were going to design the Lancaster, so Chip set up the webpage. After a while, the designer dropped off radar, and we haven't heard from them since.
    That's one reason all the in progress sites were taken down: no progress was being made, and chip was being buried by emails asking when such and such model was going to be released. Now, an in progress page isn't put up until Chip has the model and is processing it.
    Same thing happened with the B-25.
  17. Gil

Gil Active Member

Found In Archive

The following was found in one of my archives.

18. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

murphyaa thanks for the info

so if fiddlers not make a lancaster i will start to make 1 :)
  19. RyanShort1

RyanShort1 Member

I was pretty disappointed about the B-25 dropping off the radar. I'd even offered to try and resume the project, after begging to get that one done! I guess it's ok though, 'cause it finally got a burr under my saddle to get someone else to make it! GO WILLJA!

20. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Attached Files: