Marscenter Shuttle Fleet Updated

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by Hans Christian, Jul 28, 2005.

1. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

Hi Guys!

Dr. Fortezza Finally updates his superb Space Shuttle Fleet in response with the Shuttle Discovery's return to space. Here's what he got:

Columbia (New)
    - STS-1 Version
    -Early version (the one with the NASA worm logo)
    -Late version (the last version, with the NASA Meatball logos)

Discovery (Both Early and Current)
    Atlantis (Updated with the Early version)
    Endeavour (Also updated like Atlantis)

For the general parts, he now includes the correct left wing and engine block for the current version (Well its only the addition of the Meatball logos, but still great)

for the newbies, here's the site:
    click on British flag
    go to modeling

You can also download the ISS (well its still not updated :cry: ) as well as the Soyuz/Progress Capsules & their launchers :wink:
  2. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

Wow Thats such a great piece of news as I had pretty much given up on that series...Its one of the best sets out there and I had to (repeatedly) donate to the fund...

I hope he is able to get back to updating the set...

John John
  3. Hans Christian

Really hope he does that sir... I've never heard or seen any "out of the box" scale model kit (card or even plastic) that matches the level of detail of his ISS set...

Well its really good that the shuttle fleet is complete :wink:
  4. Hans Christian

Just a reminder to all...

For the Shuttle Columbia, the page where the right wing has the NASA worm logo...

Don't use it when you are building the early, middle and last version, because the markings on the right wing there doesn't exist on all of Columbia's marking variations, Just use the first and the last version.
  5. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

ahh I was curious about that setup...but Columbia never visited the ISS, itwas teh only one that wasnt fitted out with the Docking coupler and so was the only one available for non ISS missions(Hubble & Spacelab etc)...

John John
  6. Hans Christian

If only Columbia made it back intact to KSC, it was suppose to fly in mission STS-118 to the ISS to deliver the S5 Truss segment... :?
  7. marian

marian New Member

I would love to build a shuttle on the launch pad. Are there boosters and an external fuel-tank to go with these shuttles or do I have to design my own?

Ciao, MM
  8. dhanners

dhanners Member

9. marian

marian New Member

Thank you very much!

Ciao, MM
  10. dhanners

dhanners Member

And someday, you may even have an MLP to put it on, although you'd have to make some modifications from the Saturn V MLP/LUT configuration to make it appropriate for the shuttle: