Marscenter ISS

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by underwoodl06, Mar 31, 2008.

1. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

Hey everyone, I am in the midst of completeing Mr. Fortezza's model of the ISS that he has graciously offered to everyone on his website. (I would post pictures if I knew how (can anyone give me a little help with this?))

Now I want to make the full station as it is now orbiting above us. So I plan on designing my own pieces for the station that are not included with the version on Mr. Fortezza's site. The first pieces I want information on:

• RMS (Canadarm 2) dimentions and pictures
    • Truss segment pieces with dimentions and pictures of each

thanks for your help everyone!!!
  2. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

sir you can try NASA's Human Spaceflight webpage for on orbit pics, also they offer a scale model drawing set for major ISS pieces...

I'm also making the MARSCenter ISS, and was planning to make my own parts to add, but with sir Alfonso's ISS starting to cook up, I may resize the parts to match the MARSCenter offering :-D
  3. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

I was planning on the same thing as well.. but I had only originally planned to resize the Harmony module (don't know how to do that either(need help)) and then resize some of the modules available on the internet to make the other modules like Columbus and Kibo as well as Node 3.

Could you please give me a link to the site you refferred to above please?
  4. Hans Christian

that would be - NASA Human Space Flight

Go to gallery - choose from the ISS or Shuttle gallery

the scale model plan link is on the ISS gallery :-D
  5. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

Thanks Hans. Though I am still accepting anything I can get. I need EVERYTHING I can to help make this thing. I plan on finishing this before the end of this summer so I can keep it current.
  6. Hans Christian

Here's a quick guide, use the NASA scale model plans for the dimensions, then use pics from the Shuttle gallery, choose from the missions that were responsible for bringing these pieces up... :-D

Also, don't forget to check out the ISS Expeditions gallery, they also have some fine pic angles that are sometimes not available from the Shuttle gallery :-D
  7. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

To post a picture you can use the papercliop looking thingy at the top of the reply window to attache a picture from your computer.
    Click on the paper clip,
    Browse your computer to find the picture,
    highlight it and choose Open then you can upload it to this forum's server.

Another way is to open a free account at someplace like one of the following:

Photo Bucket

Village Photos

You store the photo on one of those sites by uploading to it from your computer. They will then generate the code needed to post a picture in a message on various types of forums. You just copy that code and paste into your message.
  8. gregmclaren

gregmclaren gregmclaren

ISS marscenter

Hello everybody!I'm doing too the station but it's stopped now becausse I've done nearly all the model of marscenter, also I'm interest too if someone find something to continue my project. I've tried to put harmony from axm paper in the right scale but the quality is too bad (big pixels) but I'll try to make a mix with the marscenter version and maybe it'will be nearly correct!For the other elements it's a big problem! The truss for example will not be easy to do!I'll try to do it with toothpicks but I' have not the time now...If someone find or have a solution to continue the station,please say it! For example underwoodl 06, your designs are welcome! You can see the evolution of my work on my blog Maquette de la Station Spatiale Internationale en papier ! Bye gregmclaren
  9. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

hey everyone, thanks for the great replies so far. I am glad to see many interested in the project. Now I need to know where I can get a program that I can design the pieces at the right scale and be able to print them at the right scale. I also need to be able to make the conical sections of the modules so if anyone knows any good programs feel free to share.

(and I clicked the paper clip but nothing happens. just a 'blip' sound is all)
  10. Hans Christian

Its a beaut' sir Greg! :-D
  11. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

12. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

13. Hans Christian

The S-0 Truss is actually a mix of both, take a cross section in the middle, and its a complete hexagonal shape, but take a look at the port and starboard sides of the truss (to where the S/P-1 trusses are installed), and its only a half hexagon...

You can also look at the plans for the complete picture of the shape :-D

Nice work BTW on the ISS!!! :-D

I still have to finish the P-6 truss here later, and then do Destiny ASAP :-D

I may not build Quest yet until sir Alfonso delivers the SSRMS to us :-D

(I can make my own Canadarm 2, but maybe I'll stick to the more detailed one :-D )
  14. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

sounds great. ^^ I am glad to hear others are doing the model other than me. It is a magnificant model and I hope to complete the plans and keep an up dated version hanging up. (hope it won't fall o.o)
  15. Hans Christian

I started mine abput 5 years ago (during my freshman college days), tried to update it once, starting from the P-6 truss, but after that, the assembly stalled...

I just restared it last january, I replaced the old P-6 truss I made back then with a new, better looking (and crisper) build... and Atlantis, which was also made 5 years ago has been treated with new skins to make it look better... also nearing finish...

I'll put in Quest in the cargo bay after doing Destiny, and will install it on the ISS after the arrival of sir Alfonso's SSRMS :-D

(to admins, can this thread be moved to the real space section, so that more people can see it? :-D )
  16. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

can anyone recommend any FREE programs I can use to make the designs? I need that kind of help to get started with designing the pieces..and then I need FREE programs the do the artwork and detail...Please anyone recommend.
  17. gregmclaren

gregmclaren gregmclaren

S0 truss

Good evening underwoodl06! I'm building too the s0 truss now and it is nearly finish!I did it without programm, because it is nearly all white. I've drawn pieces with microsoft word... it's easy and fast, but the s0 truss don't request a lot of drawings! To help the construction, I've searched a lot of pictures in different websites, if you want them, you can send me a mail, I'll send to you! The construction needs a lot of time, now I've spent ca. 25 hours (search and design include!) only for the s0 truss. I'll post pictures on my blog when it will be finish Maquette de la Station Spatiale Internationale en papier! I'm doing the finishings! And you, do you progress in your construction? See you! a+:mrgreen:
  18. gregmclaren

gregmclaren gregmclaren

19. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

hmm..interesting, I haven't seen a model of the Truss Elements available yet. Where did you get a hold of that S0 truss?

I also see that you made the Discovery, Atlantis, and Endeavour. I finally get to see my work put into use :) (I edited the existing model available at the Delta7studios website and renamed the wings and cockpits.) I myself have made Discovery, but I never saw anyone else use the pieces. Thanks for making them, they look great!!.
  20. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

Well done Greg on your build, I never realised that the ATV was that big until I saw it docked to the back of your ISS

Nice work