Mars Soyuz TMA

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by Nando, Oct 18, 2008.

1. Nando

Nando Designer Extraordinaire

I discovered that in Genova, in the coming days, at the Festival of Science, it will be exhibited the descent module of Soyuz TM-34, which in 2002 brought the Italian astronaut Roberto Vittori on the ISS, so i wanted to build the model the paper model of course, the Fortezza's one.

I did it too quickly and with too thick paper, so it isn't the best, but it looks enough the real one. :cry:

BTW a good model, and now we can think to the Progress, ISS, STS, ... wall1

Enjoy, Nando :thumb:

PS: I think i'll go to see it in Genova, only two car hours from my home.

2. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Nice looking build. Enjoy the visit.
  3. gpw

gpw Member

Very nice build, Nando. :thumb::thumb::thumb:
    Thank you for the photos and enjoy the festival.

4. The Hermit

The Hermit Member

all the girls prefer thicker paper nando!!!

5. Nando

Thank You all for Your Kind comments.
    Finally I Went today to Genova and I saw the real Soyuz! :mrgreen:

I'd like to share with you some picture I did at the exibition. Sorry for the poor quality, but the protective window was like a mirror for the interiors! :cry:

The Descent Module

The Parachute Container

The Left Seat and Main Panel

The Right Seat

The Back Side

The Next Generation already interested :mrgreen:

Looking at this Spacecraft I thought: how could be beatiful if someone here could design a Soyuz model, with the interior, like the Surfduke's Apollo CM at 1:32 scale, for compare the two systems..... :oops:

Enjoy, Nando :thumb:
  6. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

Oh that is cool, I wish there were some Soyuz here in America. It would be cool to see that up close and in person. I know that the Apollo CM is big..but it'd be cool to compare sizes
  7. littlemodeler

littlemodeler Member

didn't surfduke design a soyuz capsule too? i remember seeing an adapter for the two for rendevous flights but i don't remember if he did desighn one. I saw a pic somewhere of an apollo capsule and a soyuz connected (surfdukes i presume) but i don't know.
  8. mvink

mvink Member

Yes, Carl (AKA Surfduke) did do both the Soyuz and the ASTP docking tunnel, but he never got around to the instructions before vanishing. If you can figure out how to build them, the kits are excellently detailed (as per all of Carl's stuff).

You can find both files at Port/

9. underwoodl06

underwoodl06 Member

10. Nando

Yes I know the Carl's Soyuz and I printed it in 1/96 scale (1/3 of 1/32 original scale): I'm planning to do the same with the Carl's Apollo and ASTP to put them all together in a display of the historical encounter less bulky.

However I meant in the previous post a model of the Soyuz reentry module alone, with the full interior reproduced like the Carl's Apollo CM post flight version. It could be beautiful see together the two spacecrafts and compare the size, the tecnology, etc., inspecting the two interiors side by side ... :rolleyes:

Best, Nando
  11. jparenti

jparenti Member

Now there is an idea... :)
  12. wedge

wedge Member

Very nice model Nando :thumb: I love the Sojuz family . We have the capsule of Sojuz 28 here in Prague . It was the first thing from astronautics that I saw( bad englisch :D ) Anyway - When I was 4 years old - the capsule was the reason why I fell in love with manned spaceflights :D
    Do you know that the small Czech Republic was the third state in space ? SSSR , USA , ČR :yep:
  13. Are those solar panels on the outside?
  14. Nando

What do You mean with "on the outside"?
  15. Saint-Ex

Saint-Ex New Member

Great job.
  16. Rhaven Blaack

Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

This is a DEAD THREAD!!!