Marklin Model 3093 loco

dgunmac

Aug 17, 2004
Heyo there! Just wanted to ask if anyone has any information on a Marklin Model 3093 Loco. Pick it up in 84 for my son in Augsburg, Germany, And he never got to play with it. What I'm looking for is info and reference to find out what it's worth. It's HO scale. Also have a Liliput baggage car with three Salon cars. If you have any info it would be helpful Thank :confused:

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Hi dgunmac - and welcome on the Gauge!

According to a German website with informations about old-time model railroad stuff, your Märklin 3093 has a collector's value of 85-90 Euro - that's about $70-75. (This is a minimum value, and the price you could get for it - say at ebay - could be MUCH higher! And I presume, that your loco is in first class condition, complete with the original box.)

The prototype of your loco was the famous "Baureihe 18" (series 18) of the Deutsche Bundesbahn (German Federal Railways). It was a four cylinder Pacific, 'born' as the Bavarian S 3/6 - at her time simply THE high speed passenger locomotive. With her pointed smoke box front and the wind-splitting cab she was considered by many as one of the most beautiful engines ever built.

Hope this helps you a bit,
Ron

dgunmac

Aug 17, 2004
Heyo RailRon Thank you for the info.The Train is in mint cond. But the boxes are fray a bit. I fact they've never been on tracks. Thank you