Marklin 3 rail AC Troubleshooting

gna

Does anyone have any tips for troubleshooting Marklin 3-rail AC locos? I bought a used set recently for my nephew, and my brother and I are stumped. I checked the powerpack output, and it ranges from 0-17 vac. I checked the track from outer rail to inner nub, and it's getting power. We applied power directly to the pickup "shoe" and the drivers, and no go. I took off the shell, and this is what I found:

DCP_6312.jpg

Could the circuit board be for Marklin Digital? I was surprised to see it under the shell.
I'm able to turn the motor, and the mechanism turns freely, so I know it isn't jammed or stuck. I'm not sure where to go from here. What should I check on the loco?

Pooh Bah
Gary: have you tried the reverser on it? Used to be you pushed the center button on the power pack for reverse. I can't remember if Marklin has a neutral in their sequence.

gna

60103 said:
Gary: have you tried the reverser on it? Used to be you pushed the center button on the power pack for reverse. I can't remember if Marklin has a neutral in their sequence.

Thanks for the reply. No neutral on the pack. I did try the reverser, no go. The power pack reverses by turning the speed all the way down and a little past--just like the Marx train from my youth.

I got this as a tip:
http://www.marklin.com/tech/digital1/delta4.html

I tried flipping the dipswitches and it works, so problem solved.