Maritime Modelers Meet

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by Bluenoser, Oct 16, 2006.

1. Bluenoser

Bluenoser Member

We had a model show here in Halifax this past weekend. I brought in lots of paper models for show and entered two into the competition. I gave most of them away. The two models I entered into competition were competeing with plastic. Anyway, I was very pleased to get a bronze in the Prop Aircraft section (there were other aircraft in the bronze level as well). This picture shows the paper model in amongst all the plastic. When standing back a little, it is not obvious that there is much of a difference.

Attached Files:

2. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Nice! excellent job. I cant wait for our show here in madison next year.
  3. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

This is great! As more folks enter (and win awards in) contests, more people will get interested in card and it will become a more respected category!

Great work,
  4. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

I wanted to go ... but as I mentioned just earlier. I was'nt going to show with a couple of models. I wanted to bring a bunch for display and enter a couple.
  5. Bluenoser

Bluenoser Member

I was hoping to see you there. Oh well, just keep on building and perhaps next show you may have enough.:)
  6. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Yeah. When I realized I was'nt going to make it towards the end of the week I remembered a friend of mine is leaving for Basic and heading out at the end of the month so we had a little get together for him. When Sunday rolled around I didnt crawl out of bed until 11am and despite the bad time translations on the website decided I had missed the whole deal. :(
  7. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

8. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Yes, more and more models winning on once plastic-only competitions!!!

@Stev0, too bad you didn't make it. I'm sure you'd had prizes for your models. But remember August 2007... still 10 months to go and prepare a good stock of models.
  9. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Not to sound like a jerk but ...

Those plastic guys would be pissed if they realized the cost/medal evaluation. lol