March 7 Weekly Photo Fun

L

lester perry

chessie4155 I like the micky thompson on back of the red camaro. Kevin I love the second pic.Wait I cant do this individualy they all look great. by the way spankybird my wife is the office manager for large dental practice. I won't let her see your goodies.

L

lester perry

oh yeah almost forgot this
100_1037.jpg

I do occasionaly have passenger trains (will he kiss her?)

radar

Jan 14, 2007
wichita , KS
How do you like your Prodigy Advanced? I've been thinking of getting one. Is programming as smooth as they say it is?
I love it its pretty much plug n play and most of the instructions are on the back of the hand-held. 4 diget road numbers no problem just punch them in.

Kevinkrey

Jul 27, 2006
Saint Paul MN.
More awesome shots everyone, I have one more, heres a shot of a row of pines I made, there are only a few bought trees, the rest a wood dowels with WS bushes glued on.

Attachments

• DSCN1759.JPG
    DSCN1759.JPG
    111.3 KB · Views: 5

Biased turkey

Apr 10, 2006
Montreal, Canada Eh
Nice work everyone,
jeffrey-wimberl, you are becoming really good with your camera.
tetters, nice night shot, is it a GP7 CPR ? I'm modeling CNR ( in N scale ) but have1 CP9 CPR and 1 GP7 TH&B
By the way, nice TH&B crane DoctorWayne

chessie4155, nice shot, I like the way you frame the scene. Nice camera position
lester perry, no need to look at the poster's name. The light on your layout is unique.

EngineerKyle, great highly detailed depot

I didn't do very much this week-end except filling my income tax formS, Here in Quebec we have both federal AND provincial separate forms to fill.
I just tried some weathering with oil color

Jacques

PRR1.jpg

L

lester perry

Biased turkey;806339lester perry said:
I assume you mean if its C&O its me. I might surprise you some day. and the lighting on my layout is not the usual lighting in photos. I use a flood light for effects
100_0176.jpg

Les

L

lester perry

Dave
I like your facia. you thought of the one thing most people forget including me. ELECTRIC. I have 3 outlets in my train building and they are hidden under the layout in the walls. it is a pain in the %#@$ when I need electric for working on layout. I have a long home made extention cord. Availble long cords are to heavy for my needs, makeing them hard to store.
Les

DeckRoid

Apr 28, 2007
Caldwell, ID
Here is my latest batch of goodies that arrived last Thursday. The green caboose, the box car, there are 2 of those hoppers (They came 2 to a pack), and the 1955 Ford truck.

As you can see in the background, I have added more trees to my layout. I am still in a mess about making the tunnel entrances. Reading all I can, but too scared to try.

new stuff.jpg

Kevinkrey

Jul 27, 2006
Saint Paul MN.
Here is my latest batch of goodies that arrived last Thursday. The green caboose, the box car, there are 2 of those hoppers (They came 2 to a pack), and the 1955 Ford truck.

As you can see in the background, I have added more trees to my layout. I am still in a mess about making the tunnel entrances. Reading all I can, but too scared to try.

View attachment 65663

I hear you about the tunnel entrance I have a bridge that Im the same way about.

But the layout is looking (and Im quoting Deano on this one) SLAP AWESOME!! What are you using for ground cover. I know its WS something, but what color(s) and is it all fine turf or corse turf or what?

L

lester perry

With the tunnel entrances just do it ,you can always tear it out and do it again
Les

DeckRoid

Apr 28, 2007
Caldwell, ID
As for the ground cover, well, its a missmash of two colors. First, I painted a light dirt brown color then sprinkled on WS Blended Foam Green and Fine Turf Burnt Grass. Later on, I plan on putting weeds (brown/yellow) along the roadway and putting "stuff" there as well. Broken twigs work nicely, and I have begun to experiment with other dead fall from well, fall.

The dirt road is just sifted powdered dirt from out back. It's still wet in the pics from last night's fun time.

And Les, I agree that if I don't like it I can rip it out, but I find it hard to start something daunting without at least seeing it done once. My club is about to build up an N scale roughly 12' x 6' and they plan on having clinics on scenics. I don't want to screw something up. Just nerves, I guess.

Maybe that's why it took me 3 months to get my mountain built. I want to find something about tapering my mountain down to the ground level.

Thanks!