March 04 Photo contest - Archive

Discussion in 'Competitions & Challenges' started by shamus, Feb 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Any model loco or rolling stock or both, (In a scene) Must be your own work.

As usual, only reply to the photo thats posted, any queries make a new thread please.

This contest will start March 1st. and will run for 21 days only.

2. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

Walking the dog down by the dry river bed, I heard the rumble of diesels coming through town. I couldn't get my camera ready fast enough to catch the locos, but I did get this picture of a cut of Auto-Max's crossing the bridge.

Attached Files:

3. krokodil

krokodil Member

This is my contribution.

The European (Hungarian) articulated in H0. Completely scratchbuild.

Attached Files:

4. Fred_M

Fred_M Guest

Wondeful Night in the Valley

I shot this picture of the new ZMT caboose as the moon rose over Mount Pamela. (1/30 @ f2.8 on Yodachrome 400) Hope you like it. FRED

Attached Files:

• pic2.jpg
      File size:
      42.1 KB
  5. interurban

interurban Active Member

Its 1938 and the box motor has just finished the delivery, and is making it`s way around the back of the gas station on its way out of town:p
    ( an old scratch built unit)

Attached Files:

6. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Nice photos everyone! :cool: :thumb:

This is a pic I posted in the Photography forum a few months ago, so I hope it's OK to enter in this month's contest...?

This is a shot of a coal train rounding a bend, up on Casey Ridge on the Poor Fork RR...

Attached Files:

7. Gary Pfeil

Gary Pfeil Active Member

Nice photo Charlie! My entry is a change of pace, my garden railroad. God I can't wait for spring!

Attached Files:

8. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Great fall colors, just beautiful Charlie. Gary I like your garden shot and agree about wanting spring to be here NOW! :D

The "Lost & Neglected" pulls into Tellico Gap with the local.

Attached Files:

• ln2.jpg
      File size:
      45.3 KB
  9. trainworm

trainworm Member

comin at cha!

here is a head on shot of an eastbound auto rack train as it leaves the siding.

10. Drew Toner

Drew Toner Member

Very well done everyone!!

Man oh man, it's going to be a tough vote this month!!

And just to thicken the mix, I submit...

this shot really shows, how many people it takes to run a railway;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Attached Files:

11. GMRCNut868

GMRCNut868 New Member

An old-timer waits for the long freight train to go past.
  12. fifer

fifer Active Member

ATSF SD24 #947 leads a local freight from Albuquerque to Estancia NM late afternoon 1963.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      File size:
      37.7 KB
  13. Lightbender

Lightbender Member

My freshly home made decalled Climax and bobber suffering from sorry trick shot photo effect....wafting smoke across the layout.

I built the loco but anything interesting in the background is Shaywen's work

14. Woodie

Woodie Active Member

This is an old one, from that great layout of mine in the sky.

Set in the mid 1950's the early morning DRC warms it's motor waiting for the first passengers to arrive.

Attached Files:

15. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Okay, here's my entry, Dunkirk rounds a bend with a load of new logs for the sawmill.
  16. RailRon

RailRon Active Member

There wasn't so much action in the second half of the month...

There are great pics around - but where are all the others??? :confused:

Ok, so I took my courage together and here I post an oldie of mine, from my N scale layout in the '70s. I'm not quite sure if I posted this pic before, but I think it was in a different forum and then it was in black&white...

That's my trusty old Y6b (in 1972!) trundling along with a string of ore hoppers in tow.

Attached Files:

17. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Here's mine. The tracks are a little too clean, but the rest of it seems to capture that grimy industrial look I love.

Attached Files:

18. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

The photography is not as sharp as it could be, and bits of the layout are not done.
    Here City of London with 14 on leaves the countryside and enters the tunnel under St. Mary Axe.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.