Mantua Pacific Project

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by Glen Haasdyk, Aug 15, 2005.

  1. Glen Haasdyk

    Glen Haasdyk Active Member

    Well I finished the mantua pacific project. The ening came into the Blackwater shops with a paint job that looked rather toylike and this is what I did with it:
    I added the feedwater heater (scratched) sand lines and conduits running from the generator to the headlight. I also sanded off all the cast on handgrabs and replaced them with brass wire. The engine is decaled for Canadian pacific and weathered by misting grimy black over it, and using thinner to streak it a little. I then dry brushed a mix of white (for water stains) and a litte rust around the fittings. I re-built the engine for my boss, I hope he likes it!
  2. tweet469

    tweet469 New Member

    I'm still waiting on my replacement motor from Able Hobby ordered in October 2004. This engine is over 30 years old. It has the diecast boiler and I also replaced railings and a lot of the piping with music wire. I've got a digitrax sound unit on order as it will be DCC. I know this is alot of investment in this engine, but I got it for my sixth birthday. I had to replace the driver bearings because I had literally worn the originals out. Not a lack of maintenance, but lots and lots of mileage. Its last ten years have been hauling fast mail and express(10 to 12 harriman RPO's and baggage)
  3. Glen Haasdyk

    Glen Haasdyk Active Member

    I clipped the fronts of the railings off since they sat too high on the pilot. The engine currently has a digitrax decoder installed but if my boss decides not to keep the engine he'll pull the decoder and I'll probably get the engine back to keep.

Share This Page