Man I screwed up now.

Discussion in 'Trackside Photos & Details' started by 65GASSER, Dec 19, 2006.

1. 65GASSER

65GASSER Member

I started a diorama this morning. Went to the LHS and stocked up on woodland scenics grasses, ballast, sand, rocks, boulders, and a few other things. Well I was applying the course dark green grass and I was thinking... man this is coming out fast and clumpy!!! Then I noticed that I was pouring it from the spoon side!!! :oops: DOH!!!!!!! Anyway now halfthe bottle is gone, but it looks good. Notsure how I'm going to make the excess stick. Was thinking about taking a spare spray bottle and dilluting some all purpose elmers with water and spraying a mist over it all. What do you guys think???? I'm getting ready to do it so if you have 2 cents throw it in here! :thumb:
  2. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

yeah the water and elmer's might be the best way now
  3. 65GASSER

65GASSER Member

Sweet thanks!!!
  4. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

Alcohol spray first, then glue or scenic cement.

Or get a clean vacuum cleaner.
  5. 65GASSER

65GASSER Member

Did it! And it worked better than I thought. :thumb:
  6. doctorwayne

doctorwayne Active Member

If, when applying scenic materials, or, as happened to me last week, you derail a hopper loaded with loose coal, and you need to pick up the excess, here's an easy way to do it. Remove the nozzle from the hose of your shop vac, then stretch a piece of old pantyhose over the hose-end of the nozzle. Reinsert the nozzle into the hose, then vacuum up the spill. The nylon mesh will prevent the foam/coal/etc. from being sucked into the bag or cannister, and it can be easily returned to its original container.

7. 65GASSER

65GASSER Member

Man thats one piece of advice that should be on the packages of this stuff. I would have never thought about that. But I will definately try it when needed! Thanks Wayne!
  8. kpowell

kpowell New Member

I use a small vac. that you would use to clean a computer keyboard. Works great.
  9. hiscopilot

hiscopilot Member

that covering the end thing is awesome! great piece of advice!