Man Down......

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by rickstef, Dec 28, 2006.

1. rickstef

rickstef Guest

Just before Christmas, the laptop which Rick The Webdude was using, finally decided to join its fellow laptops in that great IT room in the Sky.

Rick was experiencing some issues for some months, but was able to keep things going with duct tape and baling wire :-D :twisted:

It will be some weeks/months according to him, before he can swing repairs to his tower unit.

I have disabled his email notification per his request, and he asked me to post a small blurb about his situation.

I will keep everyone informed as best as I can, and provided he messages me with information to keep you all informed.

2. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

That's really bad news! I feel really bummed out now. I wish there was something I could do to help him. Rick has given so much to the community.

Maybe it's time to apply for credit with Dell.

Even a cheap computer is better than no computer.

3. paper warrior

paper warrior Member

What's wrong with it? I might be able to help, being the computer nerd that I am.
  4. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

If he is going to blow money on a new system pre-built, I'd recommend an eMachine. They were bought by Gateway and they have the best support going right now.

Laptops suck for service since your choice of hardware replacement is limited unlike a regular box which can accept a wide range of product.

Check out these systems. Free shipping on $200+ orders.

Very fast delivery too.
  5. rickstef

rickstef Guest

PW, Webdude is probably a bigger computer nerd than you, He was an IT director in a former life

6. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

but really what is "IT"? Heh heh sorry, i am just too easy to entertain (for any of you that saw those darn annoying "it" add some time ago.
  7. paper warrior

paper warrior Member

IT = Intel

BTW There is a rumor that they have a RHCE.
  8. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

intel? not sure what that is!

I do realize its information technologies though ;) I have been in Information Systems (pretty much the same) for about 13 years now!
  9. rickstef

rickstef Guest

IT as in Information Technology

I have never seen IT as Intel, and i know alot of the military abbreviations

10. RyanShort1

RyanShort1 Member

Actually IT= Information Technology...
  11. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I figured he was referring to intel as intel inside (my computer)! :)
  12. paper warrior

paper warrior Member

That's the one.
  13. Gil

Gil Active Member

I have recently experienced an acute special empathy for his condition. Paraphrasing an earlier comment that anyone who owns a laptop knows that "service sucks" is true in an extreme sense. In fact to recover one computer you need another online for research and downloading diagnostics. Learning how to disassemble a laptop can really dent a time budget. Maybe a new thread heading with the title "Horrors of Keeping the Machine Up" or the like is worth a thought...,

Webdude is a fairly resourceful individual and hopefully he'll overcome this spot of rough air soon.

14. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

I get in trouble for this a bunch............... but I HATE LAPTOPS!

Give me a desktop any day of the week and I'll run circles around a laptop.

Yes I know it's hard to tote them around, and you got to buy sperate monitors and stuff, but I rather be at home doodling than not.

Until recently laptops couldn't keep up with desktops as far a speed of processors and peripherals, but that is a thing of the past.

But I still hate laptops!:twisted:

Good luck Webdude, wish we could help.

um........ Rick can you tell him about this post, I know he can't read it without a laptop:oops:
  15. hpept

hpept Member

WOW, I feel really disappointed!!! I always thought that IT was ITALY :grin::grin::grin:
  16. rickstef

rickstef Guest

actually, having lived in Europe, i know Italy as I, and that is because of those white stickers like this one