man cut in half

Switchman73

Oct 9, 2006
pacific northwest
An un-named man was ran over in N.W. Portland Or. saturday morning by at least 3 trains before an AMTRAK driver noticed him at around 930 in the morning. From what Ive been told, he was split right up the middle. STAY AWAY FROM TRAIN TRACKS!

LoudMusic

Jul 21, 2006

MadModeler

May 20, 2006
Geesh. That's one hell of a mess.

I feel sorry for the folks who have the job of cleaning up.
And if it is confirmed which train hit the guy initially, I feel sorry for the engineer of that train. That would be one major sick feeling.

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
Guys,I spent the summer railfaning and what I seen done scared the living hell of of me..I watched as school kids climb on stopped trains,seen some craw underneath to get to the other side,seen drivers,pedestrians,bicyclist all disregard the crossing signals and cross the tracks as a NS train was nearing with horns blaring and ditch lights flashing.
I did call the police about the unsafe acts of the school kids..Their response was they will have a officer to monitor the tracks...I know a stopped NS train is unusual but,it does happen.

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
Andrew,The only train that stops here regularly is the local based out of Marion.However some times a train stops and waits for a train to go around the old Pittsburgh Connector.
Of course this is a dispatcher error since the stopped train is blocking several streets and should have been stopped outside of town.Of course some times there is a 3 way meet at the Benson siding and the second West bound is stopped at East Benson or at the Col/San signal.Again dispatchers error since the second westbound should have been held out of town.