Mammoth and Eureka Ry update photos

Uteram

I've provided a sort of panorama of my shelf layout below starting from left to right. The layout measures 12 feet (actually, there is an additional 4 foot hidden reverse track) by 4 feet down to one feet.

The epitome of a shelf layout, it covers the entire back wall of my son's bedroom. He's only 2 (almost three) but I've started him out early and he absolutely loves the "choo-choo" in his bedroom. He's a complete Thomas freak.

As you can see, parts of it are semi-done. Still a lot of detail modeling to be done and large areas that need finishing. A layout is never done. I'm not quite as fast as Shamus and others on this message board. I've been at this layout for a little over a year and a half....

Attachments

• dscn3916.jpg
    dscn3916.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 126

Lighthorseman

Geez Laweez....If only I could show that kind of progress after a year and a half! What a beautiful layout. I'm really looking forward to seeing that little town progress.:)

shamus

Registered Member
Very nice scenery and modelling Uteram, Photo's are also very good. I like the look of it all.
Shamus
wink.gif

jon-monon

That's abeautiful layout, and all of the photo's are nice! I guess all the practice you implied on the other thread payed off! :D :D :D

Attachments

• temp.jpg
    temp.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 110

spitfire

WHOA!!!

That is one fantastic piece of modelling! It's nice to see a mix of deciduous trees as well as pines too. And very crisp photography.
I do hope that layout is well out of reach of a two year old on a chair!

cheers
:D Val

grumbeast

Thats a beautiful looking layout Uteram, I'm sure
influencing your son from this early age will have
a tremendously positive effect :)

Graham

Wot a Shelf

Uteram The things one sees on The Gauge inspires a person to get off their........ and start building. I have been armchairing just such a layout and, now I cant wait to get started. Thanks for the kick start...hope to see more pictures....catching them young is a sure way to keep our Hobby growing.:) :) :)

Whose messing with my eyes

Took a good long second look at the photos.......How do you change a deisel loco for a steamer??????:cool: :cool: :cool:

Uteram

Thanks all.

Spitfire, the layout is approx 55 inches off the ground. I built it as such so little hands couldn't get to it or rest things on top. It's cantelevered off the wall so there's no posts or benchwork to get in the way or bump.

It's funny. I got my first HO train for Christmas when I was 7. I've been hooked ever since. I figured by starting my son out really early, this would be embedded into his earliest memories. He's sure taken to it. I took him to GATS visiting here in Houston last weekend and he absolutely went nuts.

jwmurrayjr

Super!

Only a year? I guess that gives me about a week to start and finish my scenery! :eek:

So...Where's Thomas?

Oh, I remember. He's on my layout. :p

Thanks for the look,