Maly Modelarz- still in business?

Discussion in 'Off Topic - Card Modeler Lounge' started by Erik J, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Erik J

Erik J Member

Hi gang,
    The latest model I can find from Maly Modelarz is the Sea King from September, 2008. Has Maly produced anything since then?

- Erik
  2. lehcyfer

lehcyfer Member

MM has a long (circa 1,5 year) gap in actual dating of the issues and the date of their emission.
    The sea King went into sales 3 months ago. Now in sale is Galeon "Golden Hind" - a sailing ship in scale 1:100

EDIT: MM is trying to get the dates right eventually, by publishing issues that cover several months - the Westland Sea King Mk.41 is dated 10-11-12/2008 - the Golden Hind 1-2-3/2009
  3. Erik J

Erik J Member

For keeping track of Maly kits the only dates useful are those in the kit titles. So, the Sea King is dated July 2008 and came out 3 months ago? Interesting. Is the Golden Hind labeled with a 2008 or a 2010 date?

I made a spreadsheet with kits broken out by year using the dates on the cover and on the back page ads and noticed a big blank spot from the Sea King to today- thus my question. I wonder what the year 1957 kits looked like. A lot has evolved since those early days.

- Erik
  4. lehcyfer

lehcyfer Member

Here you can see MM models made by various Polish modelers - it's a good place to peruse those models.

Older MMs are available as scans on CDs - you can buy them on official MM site.
    As for Golden Hind, it's dated 1-2-3/2009. It's plans can be found in journal "Modelarz" 1/2010:

The MM's cover:

A few photos of what's inside:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    In the next MM there will be German airplane He-111H6 He-111H6He-111H6He-111H6
  5. Erik J

Erik J Member

It is great to know two new Maly kits are available and more will surely follow. I scan my old original unbuilt kits and edit colors and lines to improve appearance. That has not worked with the purple P-47. Whoever colored that one must have been drinking heavily that night!
    - Erik
  6. paperdave

paperdave New Member

Hi there erik
    Have a maly kit here from 1957 Nr 1 actually.
    It seemed later on they duplicated a lot of kits
    with newer numbers.
    I have uploaded just a couple of sheets as an

Attached Files:

• A.jpg
      File size:
      129.4 KB
    • 01.jpg
      File size:
      109.6 KB
    • 02.jpg
      File size:
      132.4 KB
  7. lehcyfer

lehcyfer Member

New model is HMS Dreadnought in 1:200 scale, price 35 PLN.

Here you can see what's inside.

Model is splendid. I'm really excited.

Still, there's one little error - the rung nr 9 is mistakenly printed smaller - you need to scan it and print it at 109%