Maly modelarz or pmodel?

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Tirta, Nov 13, 2005.

1. Tirta

Tirta Member

Hello All,

If I am going to build these following aircrafts: F-16, SU-27, A-10, F/A-18
    which ones are easier between pmodel and Maly Modelarz?
    which ones is the better models?

Please advice.

2. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

A-10 from Maly Modelarz is excellent. You also shouldn't have any problems with the F-16. F-18 and Su27 are buildable but will require some effort to get good results.
    P-Model kits have great advantage of being in electronic format so you can always print again if something goes wrong. I never built one so can not really say how they go together...
  3. Darwin

Darwin Member

Both Maly Modelarz and PModels kits usually assemble without fit problems. The older Maly kits (anything before the late 90s) have poor quality with respect to the paper and printing. Pmodel kits generally do not have interiors (but have good wheelwell detail), and are usually 1:48 scale to Maly Modelarz 1:32 scale. However, as already mentioned in the string, the Pmodel kits are electronic and can be enlarged without causing any significant fit problems. For example, I enlarged the F-104 kit to 1:24 scale, and it still went together without problem. My general impression is that Pmodel kits are somewhat more complex than Maly kits, but this is offset by Pmodel kits having better construction diagrams than most Maly kits. In summary, if you want interiors, go with the Maly kits. Otherwise, I would go with the kit with the most attractive markings.
  4. DeWayne

DeWayne Member

Maly or P-model

Hey Darwin, et al,
    Not necessarily true. The last version of the 104 I downloaded has the cockpit. They have been updating some of the models to include extra detail AND the password is the same (or has been thus far). I just checked my 104's and two don't have the cockpit but the last does. They are killer kits and include connector strip with limited bulkhead construction. The best of both worlds, so to speak.
  5. Tirta

Tirta Member

Thanks to Michael and Darwin for the tips and suggestions.

Can you tell us which pmodel kits that have cockpit beside 104?

6. dwgannon

dwgannon Member

The F-22 Raptor from pmodel has a very detailed cockpit. I have built this one and it is a challenge. But the detail is fantastic

7. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

They also added cockpits to the F5E series, a Top Gun and a Brazilian version. And A T4 dual cockpit trainer.
  8. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

Check the photos of the models on P.Model page.
    When they updated the models toinclude cockpit, they also updated photos of build kits.
    That's how I found out about updated Zeros.