Darwin

Sep 26, 2005
Idaho Falls, ID
Model: Me-410
Publisher: Maly Modelarz, 1-2/99
Scale: 1:33
Format: Hardcopy
Distributor: Lighthouse Modelart

Eight parts pages (all cardstock). Sufficiently detailed construction diagrams for all but the least experienced card modelers to successfully perform the build. The parts are printed on good quality card stock. Level of detail good. Model has a cockpit with fair amount of detail. Has rudimentary wheel wells, but they are undetailed. Although underwing armament is show on the cover illustration, none is provide in the model kit. Although nose is glazed, no internal details are provided forward of the instrument panel. Printing quality is adequate. No noticable color voids (but a few minor artifacts appear in some of the parts), good color registration. Draftmanship good. Artwork fair, more cartoonish in style than realistic. Instrument depicion on instrument panel is poor (nearly solid black circles). No attempt at shading or weathering. Construction method is the usual Maly Modelarz butt-jointed segments. Kit is presently available from Lighthouse Modelart for about $5 US, and is frequently available on Ebay. I would not recommend this model to absolute beginners, but would be a good kit selection for anyone having mastered the basic papermodeling skills. Overall grade a B-, with a good value-for-cost rating.

Instructions: B
Paper quality: B
Level of detail: C
Printing quality: B
Artwork: C+
Value for money: B
Skill level: Intermediate