Maly Modelarz CD

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by Artie Bob, Jan 19, 2006.

1. Artie Bob

Artie Bob Member

Looking inside the back of my Maly PZL P-37 (4-5/2004) there appears to be an advertisement for A CD for all models between 1957 through 1969. Is there a North American vendor for this (or these? I cannot begin to read Polish and cannot tell whether this is a single CD or series).

Best Regards,

Artie Bob
  2. OldSalt

OldSalt Member

3. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

I don't have first hand knowledge........... but I seem to remember some threads talking about how "low quality" the models were on the CD.

Again, I could be wrong but I think the old brain cells still have a spark left in them.

Do some searching before you buy.

4. Darwin

Darwin Member

Except for the earliest years, the CDs are year sets (all models published during a single year). Quality of the scans is no better than that of the original Maly kit that was scanned...that is, fair to absolutely p*ss-poor. To make a presentable model from them will require a considerable amount of corrective work in photoshop, and in many cases, a total redraw of the kit. However, the plus side is you have only yourself to blame if you don't like the card quality:wink: . I recommend them only if you are masochistic, handy in photoshop, and the particular CD has a model subject in it you just can't live without.
  5. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Thanks Darwin, I'm glad there is still a little spark of memory retention in the ole grey matter!

Now if I just remember how to spell...............

6. ChukyChez1

ChukyChez1 New Member

Pirate Site
  7. rickstef

rickstef Guest

They are pirate scans, and a known pirate site
  8. ChukyChez1

ChukyChez1 New Member

Pirate Site
  9. rickstef

rickstef Guest

Any site that has free Maly Modelarz kits are pirate sites

10. ChukyChez1

ChukyChez1 New Member

Pirate Site

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Chuky,

I know you are new, but dont be discouraged by having your 3 posts censored due to them being pirate sites......its happened to the best of us (Myself included when I first started posting here).
    But any site that offers commercial models that are normaly only available by purchasing is usually a pirate site.
    If you would like some links to some free models....not maly models but free card models none the less, you can visit any of the following links: (*note this site was down at the time of posting, probably for updating, but the link is good. If it doesnt work for you be sure to try it again later). space craft including very large apollo rockets. Models of all types navigate by using "drop down box" in upper right corner. Links to a "gazillion" websites offering free downloads. space craft space craft, rockets and blimps. various aircraft

I hope these ae of some help to you or are atleast "new" to you.

Have a good day,

Greg aka GW